Innovative Marine Aquariums

saying hi and new to saltwater

triphop631

tip: when it dies, dont let that leave a nasty impression on the hobby. I would never, ever consider putting one on my tank. very literally the last coral I would ever attempt, you've chosen first...from petco.

bonus tip: please, no more corals from petco. youre begging for trouble

Got it. I honestly felt bad for it and liked the look. I have read that it could last a couple of months if I am lucky. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

burtbollinger

Sounds like you have a good start. Try to keep it fairly simple for your first tank, and as you say do your research! There are a lot of interactions/compatibilities that happen in a reef environment so it's important to get the facts before coming home with a new animal and realizing it won't work out very well...

Fortunately there is a ton of information ready to be found.

Welcome and good luck.

please re-read this.

Its most certainly not the end of the world...its just a learning experience.

Lawn is saying the care has gotten easier...I tend to trust his advice.

Anyway, i respect you for at least seeking out knowledge...i dont mean to be too harsh. I've done similar more times than I can count

as far as feeling bad, i really think thats a petco specialty. Never let your natural desire to do good override reason while at a pet store. This is why my wife has gifted us with birds, mice and rabbits in the past. Usually the ones that look most picked on and beat up...Now, she's not allowed inside :)

thanks for all the help.

Just one question. I have a Koraline nano on the opposite side of the tank in between the overflows. is there a good place that it should be or where I have it is fine?

• 4 weeks later...

just a little update. so everything seems to be going well after 2 1/2 months.

here are some pics.

4A626187-CA07-4608-81F7-87EBEB6FA7BC_zps

just wondering what this is?

D7F5D170-A288-494E-9D86-118A66920DE7_zps

Archived