ReefCleaners.org

WTF?!

sergieo7

• awesome!! I like it.. interesting creature. however, I think it is no more.. saw the only emerald crab I have in that spot and have a feeling he ate it.. is that a possibility??

Oh nice, got a thread / pics??

That's what I was thinking but I'm not sure on shrimp.. I do however really like the porcelain and Pom Pom and would like having both in there but not sure if the would be compatible.

I would love two harlequin shrimp but I have to figure out a good asternia starfish source, I think they're kinda cool, plus it would be a food source. I just can't see myself getting a chocolate chip starfish and chopping its leg off every now and then..kinda messed up.

Plus also have one or two, depending on size,, porcelain crab since they are filter feeders.

It's a 4 gal Nuvo

I'll be starting a thread soon!

I'm not sure about the crabs... They're both typically regarded as very reef safe, however, the "rules" can change in really small tanks. Pom pom's in particular have been known to act aggressively when food is limited. Anyways it's your call... I would probably avoid keeping harlequin shrimp with crabs though... As crabs are very opportunistic they could steal food from the shrimp, which might not be such a bad thing normally but due to the extremely specific diet of the shrimp... If you did go the harlequin route though I think you'll need to find a more plentiful source of food than asterinas... They're too small and while they're prolific you'll need a ton of them to support a pair of shrimp. CC stars really are the way to go. The problem is they aren't really reef safe so...

• awesome!! I like it.. interesting creature. however, I think it is no more.. saw the only emerald crab I have in that spot and have a feeling he ate it.. is that a possibility??

Anything's a possibility - but highly unlikely IMO unless food is particularly scarce... More likely it's retracted into a hole. They're usually only out at night, with infrequent daytime sightings.

Archived