Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lighting for 20 long

Dmann1985

Ai Prime no more than 24" long and not on deep tank.

I have one over my 15g which is 24" long. Its perfect but any longer and there would be shadowing

I actually had a 20L that was lit with a Current Orbit Marine. I grew LPS like no tomorrow and only had it around 40% intensity. I originally kept hearing people say that it is a garbage light so I had it turned all the way up and the corals stayed recessed and I didn't get any growth. Started knocking it down and they perked up and I was getting fantastic growth. I know other people have had success using it for some SPS like digis and montis but I haven't seen anyone try acros with it.

It is very easy to program and use plus I like having the remote. For a 20 long it is simply a fantastic light if you're going LPS. I can't really comment on SPS since I haven't tried it myself.

I agree. There is a lot of ppl who will say "such and such is no good or won't work", I often wonder if that's due to great marketing done by other brands and ppl just regurgitating certain info that gets spread around.

10yrs ago everyone swore hob filters and led just wouldn't work...guess what, we re all turning to LED's and many use hob filter with success.

Its all in coral placement, put sps higher and lps lower.

Michael_Price

I have a orbit marine pro, the settings are weird at first, but now I know how to make the schedule and change the settings. Very easy to use imo. I have it on 8 hours of light a day, you can program the blue and white separately so I have the white turn off 1 hour before the blues so I can admire the coral at night.

I keep my white light at 28%

I keep my blue at 100%

I killed some coral when I had my white lights at 60% for a week. I was busy with work and getting off late so I didn't notice... I have had them running in this configuration for two months now, my corals are growing and my gsp was out of control. I moved it to my back glass to slow it down.

It's too powerful for these shallow tanks, which is better then the other way around! I have a 30l Nuvo. So 3ft wide, I would have needed so many kessils I would have gone broke! I got the 36inch marine pro for under $300 on Amazon. And it's a perfect fit!

They make one for your size tank as well, I wanna say it's only a tad over $200. But don't mistake the orbit marine, for the orbit marine pro. Two very different lights.

Edit,

Here you go, $233 and full tank coverage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WFDJTVQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481299752&sr=8-1&keywords=orbit+marine+pro+24inch

Check out my build thread for some pictures, I'm very satisfied with this light!

Archived