Coral Vue Hydros

stuff in arizona

Maxvan1

what do you have to trade? im looking for some gsp (not now but in like a month or so i will want them...) also a 2.5 bow, do you know if walmart has it????

Yeah walmart should have it. I've got somthing that was given to be as GSP. It doesn't look like the GSP I've always seen though. It's a small piece but might be fragable in about a month or so. I've also got some nice zoos that might be fragable too. What do you have? I'm primarily in the market for zoos, but I'll entertain anything interesting. I've only got a 0.75g tank though so keep that in mind. Email me if you want anytime.

Nudibranch@luckyreef.com

arizona reefman

i live in sierra vista arizona(near fort huachuca) im always interested in fish equipment so if anyone has any for sale in arizona email me at foxizmuk@yahoo.com. im also looking to make a large live rock purchase in the next month so if anyone is interested in splitting up a shipment let me know so we can save some cash

jean_pool sells live rock for 3$ a lb no shipping... uncured but it has some neat stuff on it... not alot of coralline but i am starting to get some.... :P

• 4 weeks later...

I personlly go to AquaTouch. They have the best fish bar none in AZ, primarily because they quarantine them ALL for a min of 2 weeks (and make sure they are eating) prior to putting them in their display tanks to sell. B)

Their coral selection is good, not a lot of REALLY colorful stuff, but they do have a tank section designated primarily for frags of random stuff (ie broken pieces, new growths, pieces w/ a lot of recession that are comming back). That section is divided into 3 parts they are anything for X number of dollars in that section. W/ loose mushrooms for $5.

Also they have RODI, Premixed Salt AND Catalina Water available. Michael the new owner is extremely knowledgeable w/ corals and fish. A little more livestock than hard goods, but the hard goods they sell a pretty much tried, tested and true.

Definately worth the trip (32nd/Cactus) exit cactus on 51. Go west 1 block in w/ Paddock. They are closed on Thursdays.

Aquarium Arts on Baseline/Dobsonish area is good too, wouldn't rec. their LR but otherwise seem decent, however staff is so so. They're really big into the nano cube (not a lot of anno corals though) and a bunch of their equipment is under lock and key.

Oceans Floor on Ray and 48th (?? double check) is a new place. Nice store. Not a huge coral selection but they are new it could always change. Staff isn't too attentive to customers (at least not college kids like myself), but looks decent. Not a lot of product mostly live stock (observation is from my one trip).

Over all I like AquaTouch the most. But its a b*tch of a drive (Indian School/101)

I think we need a really good Saltwater/Reef store in the Scottsdale area that gets in all the really nice corals. Someone not affraid to get Acro tort. or some other amazing stuff. Business venture anyone? If I can make 25-30K a yr I'll do it w/ someone! LOL

Count me in on the business venture! lol

I just recently found a new store at 406 S Price in tempe called Ocean-Vu Aquariums. It has only been open for a month or 2. but they just had a huge opening sale for tanks(40% off all tanks ranging from 10 gal to 270 gal), I would've gotten a 60 gallon long but I am a college student as well and I cant afford having another tank.

They only have fish for now but they showed me the area they are setting up to have for LR and another area for Corals(the stands are still being put together). They were very friendly there and I jsut bought a true perc for $25(it was on sale also for 40% off). I think once they are up and running completely I am going to go there all the time.

I will definitely check out the one on 32nd and cactus to see what it has to offer also. I have been to the others and they are good for specific reasons but they dont have all bases covered like this place looks like it is going to.(fish, tanks, corals, LR, and all supplies you could think of)

Heh, I'm a college kid too. :D

Ocean Vu? Hmm interesting. I'd be interested in going there. Price and what? I got Sunday off of work so I might have to go for it!

I'm serious about the store though, getting it set up on the web too. Aqua culture stuff (such as zoos and some sps) for resale. Get in w/ a bunch of wholesalers (one quick call to my old LFS in VT and I'd have a place to start). Offer "nano" frags which is something NO LFS I've seen does w/ any regularity, it's usually an accident. Eventually get into maintenace too...that's a cash cow, trust me been there, done that, wish I could do it again.

I picture needing 3-4 commited people to pull it off. I'm one of those people, I'd just have to work around my school schedual. It's ever changing but not impossible. You'd pretty much be married to the place but it'd be fun and VERY rewarding. Something to think about...

Ocean Vu is just off the 101 and rio salado. It doesnt have the biggest selection for corals yet but it is somewhat close to Aquarium arts (about 5-10min) so you could make a nice double run to both.

At the moment I am looking for corals so Ocean Vu doesnt really help right now. I did recently order from fragpacks.com and that was a good decision because all 6 frags were great, (and pretty cheap). I was thinking of going to that Place on cactus some time next week when I get a chance. I am hoping to check out their selection for corals and maybe i'll get lucky and find something I want.

I was wondering which place you get your LR from? or which place is the cheapest?

Hey Jumbo we are glad you liked your stuff!

FragPacks.com is actually located in the Yuma, Arizona and as such all shipping to the Phoenix area from now on will only be 10 bucks for anything you see on our site regardless of size or weight.

Thanks for letting me interupt your thread :)

- FragPacks.com

That is great news about the shipping, thanks for letting me know this. You guys have been nothing but helpful to me and my tanks. I will for sure be ordering again in the next 2-3 weeks.

I was so happy with my first order that I am desperate to get more from you guys at fragpacks.com. Even my roommates are impressed by my new frags, and you know how hard it is to impress college students that are all into sports, video games, and drinking.

An update on the stuff I got. I have found some nice locations for the zoas on my LR.

After I turn off the lights, and during feeding time, the candy can coral expands and opens and it is cool.

And every once in a while, when i happen to get lucky, I see my true percula swimming in the Hammer, though I dont think he has declared it his host yet. Maybe some new frags will give him more options.

Originally posted by FragPacks.com

Hey Jumbo we are glad you liked your stuff!

FragPacks.com is actually located in the Yuma, Arizona and as such all shipping to the Phoenix area from now on will only be 10 bucks for anything you see on our site regardless of size or weight.

Thanks for letting me interupt your thread :)

- FragPacks.com

do you have member discounts? like if you are a member to this sight? its so weird there are so many coral stores in arizona.... (but awsome) also do you have metal halide bulbs?

All current specials on the website as well as the special shipping prices for reefers in the Phoenix area will be fully honored when you place an order from our website.

Please check the Sponsors Forum for this weeks special...

- FragPacks.com

Just Starting a Nano Tank in Lake Havasu City Arizona. If we have anything of interest. We'll be glad to trade and of course we welcome all advise for first timers

Thanks

Peter & Amanda

Archived