Pod Your Reef

Lets see your 0.1G to 2.5G please!

Maxvan1

could you show me your tanks up to 2.5G im going buy buy one. and add a 20W 50/50 light. and have some lr outa my 75G... so i just wanted to see your to get some ideas!

thanks...

Here's my 2 week old 2.5g mini bow. This was the only color they had at wal-mart but a wood base and canopy are in the works. That's a 20W 50/50 in there. Some modifications had to be made to get it to fit, like cutting down the mounts and moving the socket over a bit. It's not as centered as I would like, hence the 2/3 extra lighting. AC mini refuge and modified stock jet. 5 lbs fiji live rock.

EXACTLY WHAT IM DOING! thats what im doing exccept with more live rock, and differnt type of live rock... what kinda filter you have on that? and your using the 50/50 bulb that has the built in balast to fit indecent hoods right?

Originally posted by Maxvan1

EXACTLY WHAT IM DOING! thats what im doing exccept with more live rock, and differnt type of live rock... what kinda filter you have on that? and your using the 50/50 bulb that has the built in balast to fit indecent hoods right?

I'm using a Aquaclear Mini with an inch of live sand and some live rock pieces in it. The 50/50 I am using is the 20W version with the built in ballast. It's too long to fit in without any mods so I had to move the stock connector over about an inch and redo the switch hole. Also, the plate that screws down to hold the stock connector is obstructed by the new bulb's built in ballast, so this needed to be trimmed quite a bit as well. The only downside is that it isn't centered and there is 2/3 greater lighting area on the left side of the tank. This was the best I could do without replacing the stock bulb socket. By the way, the stock bulb socket is actually a dual bulb socket. It's in there in such a way that you can't put in another bulb (not enough room), but it does have the connection for two bulbs, one on each side.

Archived