Coral Vue Hydros

Six Line and Rainford goby together?

MakoMan36

I got a six line wrasse in my tank for over a year now and today i add a rainford goby ,the sixline is chasing the goby like crazy .this sixline is very friendly with all my past fish .Are the 6line gonna shread that goby up? now the goby is nowhere to find.

The goby is probably hiding for its life. You can try taking out the six line for a day or so and then put him back in the tank (this will trick him into thinking it's a new tank). Or if taking out the fish is not an option then just move some rocks around to create different territory.

Hope this helps!

reefer21

six line is a very hard fish to catch ,today im planning to take all the LR out to catch the 6 line but anyway it too late, i came home from work today and saw the goby shreaded up to many pieces .man im soo mad that i spend 4 back breaking hours trying to catch it out without disturbing the corals and LR but end up with empty hand .this is the third fish he killed in a year (baby clownfish,royal grammer,goby).i have this fish on death row if i'll ever catch it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the reverse happen to me .... the Royal DottyBack did the same thing to my new 6 Line.

Easy way to remove fish from a reef is to let them come to you!

Get a used clear plastic spring water bottle ..600ml (or coke)

Drill several fine holes in the bottom.

Then heat a stanley knife blade... (cardboard cutter) over a flame and then cut a slit into the side of the bottle. Big enough for the fish to enter. But not too big. Coz you wont wont him to escape easily.

Once complete rinse the bottle in clean water and remove any sharp edges... thats why i use a hot blade.

Now submerse the bottle into the tank so the slit is half way deep at least.

Dont feed your fish for 2 days... They will get used to the bottle being in there. Then squirt some brine shrimp into the bottle opening at the top... obviously you dont need to have the cap on.

The starving 6 liner should goes ballistic and try to get at the brine shrimp... as soon as he finds the opening and enters turn the bottle around so the slit opening faces the glass of the tank and then pull it out slowly.

He'll be thrashing around like crazy, thats why i make sure there are now sharp or rough edges in side the bottle mainly where holes are drilled.

Then quickly place him in another tank/container/bag wherever he is destined!

Hope this helps.

Glen

this sixline is kinda smart ,i put a clear plastic bottle in the tank for allmost 2 days now as sturuomo said and this fish on an alert mode eversince ,behind the rock peeking out.well this fish got to leave ,i guess i gotta go the hard way( remove the LR).

Archived