SaltCritters.com

App not responding, very frustrated

OesteUno

Received my Large NanoBox retro M a couple weeks ago. Installation was simple. Light has been working based on my settings desired.

Today I dropped the violet to 40% or so and visually seen the change. Closed app (around 3:30pm).

Fwd to 6:30pm, I noticed the light dos not go into Evening mode so I opened Blufish App. Upon log in, the app said device Offline. The program was stuck in Mid Day.

I deleted app and same results. Downloaded Blufish app on 2nd IOS device, same results. Went to user guide and did the Blink Install again on both devices, same result. Unplugged unit and removed card, Blink set up on both devices (@seperate times)... Same result! Last try was to switch Wifi channels, unplug light, remove card, blink set up. Did the process twice per device...

2.5hrs later im still at square one and frustrated, any step I missed???

I remove the card and when I place it back, the LED/Lights blink.

Card LED starts blinking red, orange then green. Do the wifi set up and card turns green. After device blinking w/card as close to the screen as possible, it turns from green to red, then blinks orange and stays orange. My fan is on, lights not responding and device says it was a failed attempt.

Ive unscrewed the biocube twice as I do not want to get any moisture in the unit.

Really frustraded right now...

Still no luck.

Unplugged modem, manual reset. Unplugged NanoBox, deleted app and removed bluefish card.

Download app, login, wifi set up/password (on page but do not press blink yet), Bluefish card in and locked, plugged in NanoBox, press blink and hold tôp of card to device countdown.

Nothing... Did same thing with iphone 6 and tried with ipad.

The only thing I see is different results of blinking from the card. Sometimes it blinks, sometimes it doesn't, if it's on its always orange at the end.

I can't find what the color definitions mean or the blinking card sequence means...

jedimasterben

https://electricimp.com/docs/troubleshooting/blinkup/

If it was working, then you should not have done Blinkup again when you saw that it was offline, as it did have the correct wifi data already. When it loses power, it reconnects to the Electric Imp servers and downloads the data that it needs to run, so you don't need to remove the card or anything or do Blinkup again unless you have other problems.

I have personally seen my Bluefish devices go offline randomly even when there is no scheduled maintenance on the EI servers (which is not very often) but it usually doesn't last very long. As long as the light comes back on after you pull its power, then that means that the Bluefish was able to successfully connect and download your settings.

I remove the card and when I place it back, the LED/Lights blink.

Card LED starts blinking red, orange then green. Do the wifi set up and card turns green. After device blinking w/card as close to the screen as possible, it turns from green to red, then blinks orange and stays orange. My fan is on, lights not responding and device says it was a failed attempt.

Ive unscrewed the biocube twice as I do not want to get any moisture in the unit.

Really frustraded right now...

Number one problem when something happens is unplugging everything and reinstalling the APP. Sometimes there is work being done on the servers and giving it 5-10 minutes will help this headache. Personally I have Time Warner Cable ( North Carolina ) and our network will have spurts of going out for a few minutes. Just give it a second.

As for the setting not saving or responding I have found that people are not changing in the correct spot. You need to make sure to...

• Select the far right icon ( looks like a gear )
  • Select lighting
  • Select the Morning, Midday, Evening or Night setting that you would like to save
  • Select back once completed.

Many people are choosing the manual slider icon ( second to the left ) and then it will change back to the original setting.

As well if you try to BlinkUp after the card has already been synced to a network it can act up unless you " Clear Wireless Connection ".

• Far right icon
  • WiFi Setup
  • Configure Blink Up
  • Scroll to bottom and select Clear Wireless Connection
  • Hold device to wireless card, once completed it will flash orange
  • Then connect to Wifi network

-Dave

Number one problem when something happens is unplugging everything and reinstalling the APP. Sometimes there is work being done on the servers and giving it 5-10 minutes will help this headache. Personally I have Time Warner Cable ( North Carolina ) and our network will have spurts of going out for a few minutes. Just give it a second.

As for the setting not saving or responding I have found that people are not changing in the correct spot. You need to make sure to...

• Select the far right icon ( looks like a gear )
  • Select lighting
  • Select the Morning, Midday, Evening or Night setting that you would like to save
  • Select back once completed.

Many people are choosing the manual slider icon ( second to the left ) and then it will change back to the original setting.

As well if you try to BlinkUp after the card has already been synced to a network it can act up unless you " Clear Wireless Connection ".

• Far right icon
  • WiFi Setup
  • Configure Blink Up
  • Scroll to bottom and select Clear Wireless Connection
  • Hold device to wireless card, once completed it will flash orange
  • Then connect to Wifi network

-Dave

Thanks for the reply guys.

Before touching the power, I messed with the app for an hour (maybe a bit over). I gave it a few min between device reboot or prior to installing the app again. After about an hour is when I went to the outlet after reading the guide.

I do the exact steps on the Gear Icon, including the Back/Left Arrow once settings are saved.

The one step I have not tried is "Clear Wireless Connection".

What I just do not understand is how my App states Device Offline using Wifi or not. Currently I am at work (away from Wifi) and I still receive the Device Offline with the X.

I will try the Clear Wireless when I get off from work this afternoon.

jedimasterben

What I just do not understand is how my App states Device Offline using Wifi or not. Currently I am at work (away from Wifi) and I still receive the Device Offline with the X.

It doesn't matter whether your phone/tablet is connected to Wifi, it matters that the Bluefish is. As long as your device has an internet connection and so does the Bluefish, then they should connect up.

It doesn't matter whether your phone/tablet is connected to Wifi, it matters that the Bluefish is. As long as your device has an internet connection and so does the Bluefish, then they should connect up.

I am not understanding why my device is not connecting then. My modem stays on 24/7 and is about 6 feet away from the nanobox. All other devices, SlingTV and the modem itself work. I had a quick thought of possibly overloading the wifi its on so I changed it to the one my TV is on (nothing else is used on this channel). Turned TV off sometime during the unplugging thinking if the bluefish has its own channel that I may get some results.

I will try and Clear Wifi and if this does not work, I will try and create a new bluefish acct (maybe its my current acct that is stuck, idk).

I am not understanding why my device is not connecting then. My modem stays on 24/7 and is about 6 feet away from the nanobox. All other devices, SlingTV and the modem itself work. I had a quick thought of possibly overloading the wifi its on so I changed it to the one my TV is on (nothing else is used on this channel). Turned TV off sometime during the unplugging thinking if the bluefish has its own channel that I may get some results.

I will try and Clear Wifi and if this does not work, I will try and create a new bluefish acct (maybe its my current acct that is stuck, idk).

Clear the wireless and try to BlinkUp again. Also just triple check the routers PW is correct as well. Instead of a new name contact Spencer at Bluefish as well.

-Dave

Clear the wireless and try to BlinkUp again. Also just triple check the routers PW is correct as well. Instead of a new name contact Spencer at Bluefish as well.

-Dave

Will try the CW (Clear Wireless) first. Password is correct, I tried to enter it incorrectly on both devices yesterday and I could not get passed that screen unless it was correctly entered.

Spencer just replied via email and I sent him a link to this thread.

Much appreciated.

Archived