inTank Media Baskets

Sean's IM Fusion 30L - The Hard Part's Done

HiImSean

I've had some projects come and go over the last year or so but last night I picked one up that should stick. A local reefer moving was parting with a IM 30L which I've been looking at for a while. He had tons of extras with it and a beautiful pair of clowns. Last night after work and driving through 2hrs of rush hour traffic I got the tank home. Right now it's just running on the floor since I didn't buy the big dresser he had it on plus no light, which for me is the fun part of picking out.

Here's everything that came with the tank:

IM Fusion 30L

IM screen top

Custom acrylic/mesh top

2 inTank media baskets

2 inTank floss holders

2 inTank surface skimmers

2 Eheim Compact 600 return pumps

NanoGlo fuge light

Trigger Systems 5g ATO reservoir

Eheim Jager Heater

~20lbs TBS rock with about 6-12 porcelain crabs, a purple urchin, sea cucumber, a couple of emerald crabs and hermits

Pair of Onyx Picasso clowns (so small and cute)

My next set of purchases will be (probably in order):

Stand

Light

ATO

Skimmer

Apex

I'm not sure what route to go with the stand. I wont build one as I don't have the tools to do so. I found a basic stand at Petsmart or I may go with the IM stand for it. As far as lights, I'll go either LEDs or T5s. Not really sure yet.

I want to keep the tank pretty basic. I've got a RBTA in my 90g that's been stinging a lot of stuff so that will go in here. I will add a flame angel and maybe something else down the road. The main point of the tank was to house my RBTA and get a flame which my wife has been begging for since I started saltwater tanks. I don't have any real pics yet since I pretty much just tossed the rock in and didn't scape it, plus it's just sitting on the floor in my "man" bed.

30600468995_d62a1fc1c6_b.jpg

30512157611_f7ed494bbb_b.jpg

30600468115_1c329a31b6_b.jpg

30512156951_3b504b07fd_b.jpg

30600467335_d16d81c4e8_b.jpg

• 2 months later...

They work pretty well. I'd rather a bit more flow but I added a RW4 to the tank and a Tunze 9001 skimmer and the skimmer is pulling really well so I wanna keep lower flow through the back.

So as an update I added some stuff after Christmas

RW4

Tunze 9001 skimmer

Apex Jr

I got a ato that I need to get online soon. Still don't have a stand for this tank lol so that'll be my next purchase.

Im probably going to add my RBTA to the tank this week and I'm also picking up some frags that I'll toss in.

• 6 months later...