Pod Your Reef

[IM 25g Lagoon] 1st Nano Tank

Cristiand

do not smoke the reef(er)

thanks. mp10 are awesome. provide great flow and the QD are virtually silent

Just got mine over Christmas. Have it running on Lagoon Mode for my softies, trying to dial in a good short pulse one as well. Loving the minimal footprint.

• Like 1

Here's another FTS with new frags fixed to rocks. Now just waiting for them to grow out. I'm also making the switch from Reef Crystals to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. Starting with 1g water change a week. Heard good things about the salt as it has higher levels of Alk, Ca and Mg than reef crystals. Was having a difficult time find the right dosing of 3 part because my Mg was around 1050 about last month with alk low and Ca high. Got the levels a bit under control. Alk 10.5 (shooting for 10), Ca 405 (shooting for 450) and Mg. 1410 (shooting for 1350-1400)

post-92503-0-40054300-1483022798_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Happy 4th everyone, 

Haven't been able to update in a while due to several life events lol. I moved from New York to Pennsylvania 3 weeks ago (took the tank :) ), started my residency in internal medicine AND welcomed the birth a baby boy. Somehow managed to still take care of this little piece of the ocean. 

The move... Took everything apart except the stand. Managed to fit all the livestock and live rock in a cooler with an aerator. Emptied the tank but left the sand. Since the tank is only about 8 months old I didn't change the sand. I did make about an extra 5g of new salt water but was able to use most of the old water. The drive took about 5-6 hours (normally 3 1/2 - 4 but traffic and had a Uhaul van). Had a temp probe hooked up. Never went below 73F i think. The whole process took about 12 hours :( but everything made it except one frag that bleached almost immediately in the following few days. 

Currently... thank is doing good. Added a chaeto reactor plumed directly to the return pump. went back to the filter socks that I change every 3-4 days. Not sure if it's easier maintenance over the media basket but my water is clear. Stopped running GFO or carbon. Feel like my corals are doing better. I'm still trying to fully get a hold of my chemistry. It's pretty difficult I've noticed with a nano tank. Parameters were stable for about 4 months before the move. Alk 8.5, Ca 430-450, Mg 1350-1400. After the move parameters were still stable however with the hot weather and ac being on the whole time with no windows open PH dropped and is currently 7.8-8.2 (nigh/day) so my alk consumption went down with levels reaching around 10. Slowly been bringing them down. Last reading was 8.9. Other than that just moving along. I'm going to increase my radions from 55%-60% over the next 5 weeks and see if coloration changes. 

Some recent pics of the tank. Anyway all comments are welcome!! :) 

APC_0080-hdr.jpg

APC_0089-hdr.jpg

APC_0095-hdr.jpg

APC_0083-hdr.jpg

APC_0098-hdr.jpg

APC_0092-hdr.jpg

APC_0086-hdr.jpg

• Like 2