SaltCritters.com

Jebao powerheads

Clown79

Well the 0-10v port on this thing is a 3.5mm barrel jack socket, which requires a 3.5mm barrel jack plug.. Not sure why they couldn't have just gone with a standard female 3.5mm stereo socket on the controller.

Was expecting a 3.5mm stereo/headphone jack like on the Kessil lights / Gyre module, not a female barrel jack. The other thing, unless I'm overlooking something is that 0v input (so 0% in the pump profiles) = 100% pump power, again in limited exposure to apex 0-10v ports I'm used to 10v = 100%.

How did you wire yours up (and for your pump profile is 100% turning the pumps full speed, or "off")? This is just what I've noticed, and how I had to build profiles for on/off pulsing.

Left SW-2:
ID 3
Name Pulse
Type Pump
Synchronize Disable
Divide by 10 Disable
Initial Off Time 0 seconds
On Time 2 seconds
Off Time 2 seconds
Minimum Intensity 100%   <-- Pump is effectively "Off"
Maximum Intensity 0%     <-- Pump operates at full speed

Right SW-2:
ID 4
Name Pulse2
Type Pump
Synchronize Enable
Divide by 10 Disable
Initial Off Time 2 seconds
On Time 2 seconds
Off Time 0 seconds
Minimum Intensity 100%   <-- Pump is effectively "Off"
Maximum Intensity 0%     <-- Pump operates at full speed

I don't use an apex. i use the contoller it came with. I just plugged it in and set it up.

I'm only running 1 in my 15g so I'm not sure about the synchro settings or how to add another.

1 in my 15g is enough. I couldn't use else mode on the lowest settings, it was so powerful it pulled my frogspawn out of the substrate and everything was going crazy in the tank.

I personally love the RW-4's,mine finally took a dump after almost 2 years of constant use. I was also told that using the 500ma power supply would and probably eventually cause failure,don't know if that was 110% sure if that was the cause,or even if my pump is dead and its the controller,or the pump is actually dead. When mine gets here Thursday I'm going to check and see exactly what it is and I may just have to order a new controller and I can have 2 lol.

I'm not very technically inclined. I don't know what the 500ma power supply is. lol.

My hubby just plugged in the sw-2 into the power bar and hooked it up to the controller then played with the settings until we found one that was good.

I've heard with the jebao if they aren't clesned monthly they can die faster but I've also heard the controller can go to shits too. Good call on keeping yours cause maybe it was just the controller

• 1 year later...

Oh yes. Sorry I forgot, so many threads!

Flow -very string but narrow output. 2 in a small tank on lowest setting was too much.

My 15g I used one with my filter and I could only use w1 or w2. The other settings were so strong it blew over and pulled corals out of sand.

In my 10g, I had to remove it. Even the lowest setting, my corals wouldn't open.

The first 2 went to shits.

I cleaned them monthly and still issues.

Pump #1- loss of flow/mode.

It would work and slowly through the day would loose it's steam to the point my corals weren't moving. Had to turn it on and off to resume proper function. 

It would be set on wave 1 and then all the sudden lose wave action.

If I didn't have an hob, wasn't home to correct things, I could have lost everything because after 2-3 hrs it would lose all flow.

Pump #2- same thing happened.

I got replacements for free. Those worked all right (used only 3 mnths) but I upgraded to aqamai as it's by hydor and totally customizable.

I love the aqamai.