SaltCritters.com

shroom propagating help

Andy16

Heres my problem. I bought a rock awhile back with a bunch of shrooms on it. Slowly, they began to detach and free float. I could get to them all so the population has greatly declined. I try cutting them in half but they either detach or grow together again.

Ive only been succesful at reattaching to free floating shrooms. The main rock only has 4 shrooms left, 3 of them I made another attempt at cutting in half. It has seemed to failed once again as they seem to be growing back together. I really want them to spread, not die. I think I might have too much flow. I have 2 powerheads, and a few HOBs for circulation. My fragging supplies consist of razor blades, panty hose to hold them in place, rubber bands, and a bottom of a cream cheese container. I tried to plastic bottom technique and I managed to get one of my shrooms to attach itself to the bottom. To bad it didnt attach itself to the 20 rocks i placed in the container. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I really dont want to lose all my shrooms.

EtOH_is_good

definately sounds like they are upset. do they open up flat on the rock, or are they tiny and closed? did you try moving rock or redirecting flow around the rock?

for propagation, take a look at garf.org. they have really good example. they use the cut head off and leave some of the stalk; place head in shallow container with veil pinning the head on rubble; cut stalk down the middle when heals over approx one week after removing head.

Archived