Coral Vue Hydros

Begining of a 30extra high

raulrza

Here are some pics of the begining of my 30extra high inwall. The tank measures 24"x24"x12" and I am running a 250watt Icecap ballist with a Hamilton 14k bulb. For the filtration I chose doing a 10gal refugium driven by a Via aqua 4900. I started it up with 15lbs of carribean rock and 20lbs of branch and 20lbs of live sand. Just let me know what you think

End result:

P1010299.JPG

P1010304.JPG

P1010309.JPG

Hey man that tank is looking awesome I love the way you setup that branch rock I also like the shelves you created there. Are you planning on loading it up with coral or are you planing on doing a FOWLR?

Thanks alot camrice, couldnt have done it with out the generous help of my friend and grandfather who helped make it happen. Although I would like a FO tank, im gonna fill this tank up with some nice corals, and a couple of fish.

wow someone else actaully has my tank! grrrrr... i hate my 30tall. what a pain in the butt to work on. what made you chose this shape? i find a lot of drawbacks with it. i can't wait to get a new tank set up.

In general I like tanks to be higher than wider. Also all I had width wise to work with was 24 inches, and I wanted 30 gallons at least, so the thirty X high was my choice. I dont find it extremely tough though, I have a good ladder that helps but im sure once I begin to put some corals it will become a little bit of a nuisance, but a small price to pay IMO.

it's a beautiful setup, but i agree on the rock, i would change it out for a more pourous rock, like fiji...i don't think the branch will give you the same filtration as others would...also invest in a better skimmer...overall it's very nice!!!

Originally posted by trmiv

Cool tank with the inwall thing.  What's with all the filter floss in the return side of your sump?

Put it in there to stop the spattering of the water a bit. Plus i figured it will help catch anything else that might escape the filter floss in the overflow.

I need some opinions and what chiller I should use in my tank. I have looked into the iceprobe, but think it will not be sufficient. I am leaning towards the Aqua Medic MiniCooler. Anyone have one of these, can tell me if they are good. Thanks

The boards don't play well with ( or ) so I'd remove them from your file names and the tags will work fine. Interesting look.

I've always wanted to do a tonga only tank with shrooms or zoo's.

Give it some weekly water changes and get some corraline growing and it will look good. I see a few nice spots for a clam... ;)

Archived