Innovative Marine Aquariums

110G Display Tank, 50G Frag Tank, 40G Sump/Fuge, Math = 200Gs of water :P

RobSpeed13

IMG_20160907_143525_zpsjhejw3o7.jpg

Well i purchased the setup for $500, That included the Stand, Canopy, Sump/Refugium, Return pump/Plumbing, T12's built in the Canopy. That was 5 years ago from a great LFS that i shop at here in my area before joining the Marine Corps. Now that im no longer active duty and back in the civilian world i figured it was time to start working on the 110 again lol. First off i know i want to frag corals as i used to with my 60G 7 years ago. But i dont want a frag rack in my tank, so first thing i did? i bought a 50G Low Boy Aquarium lol.$118 is what she cost me and shes a beauty at 48"x24"x10".

Resized_20160822_131931_zpssq4gbzts.jpg

well i needed a stand so i went to lows and home depot to get the wood id want. Built myself a stand and stained it for a little less then $100. Along with a frag rack made from egg crate 2 tier. I drilled the tank myself aswell.

IMG_20160907_142925_zpslaxirc6y.jpg

IMG_20160907_143332_zpsaeeadkz7.jpg

My 110G originally came with all plastic hose tubing. I knew i wanted to plumb my Lowboy with my main tank. The Return pump i was given with the setup is a Coralife Sea 1090GPH and already had the fittings on it for 5 returns. So i went to Lowes again and bought all the PVC i would need to get the job done lol. I also changed the aquariums plumbing into Durso standpipes for a more quite aquarium. So here are some random photos of myset up i still have alot more the change especially the lighting. For now ill let the photos do the Tanking

Sketchup photo of my tank/sump

IMG_20160812_090721_zpsngnff5zq.jpg

i have since removed the upper "dry" sump on the left side of the sump for the new pvc plumbing id created.

Resized_20160909_133035_zpsdd8yovlz.jpg

Excuse any water you see under the sump as i was filling it and spilled water, there are no leaks whatso ever on this set up as i've been running it with water for 2days now to verify. Just dont have a ATO for this tank yet and dont want the pump to cavitate, hence the water spill lol.

Resized_20160909_133028_zpstdyyomgs.jpg

Refugium

Resized_20160909_133021_zpshy6xvego.jpg

Durso StandPipes

Resized_20160909_133101_zps6onthwb2.jpg

Crazy Plumbing :P

Resized_20160909_133108_zpseueodoje.jpg

Resized_20160909_133120_zpsuod5hxac.jpg

Flow of return in LowBoy with water jug holding the frag rack down lol

Resized_20160909_133422_zpszlpzzwzg.jpg

As some of you may noticed the Tile on the floor and Wall trim is missing. That is correct lol. House has somethings going on so until the new tile is installed i cant get this tank up and ready. So what does that mean for me? well just keep buying the right equipment till i can set her up for real now that my leak test is good.

Future buy plans are as is:

3 EcoTech MP40's, 2 for main display, 1 for frag tank.

2 Nano Box Quad Wides for Main Display, May even get two more for the Frag Tank so maybe 4 total.

1 MarsAqua 300W LED fixture for the frag tank if i dont get a second set of nano boxes for it lol.

Upgrade the Return pump possibly since i am now pushing 50G extra water with 4 Return outlets.

1 Upgrade protein skimmer. I have a ReefOctopus that is rated for 110G i used with my 60G, sadly wont cut it for this.

Dont believe i need a chiller aquarium runs at 79Deg so far.

May need a second heater for the winter time.

Smart Auto Micro you may be thinking why its so tiny! well i run this in my 5G tank and i love saving space. Being that the sensor is so small id keep a reservoir next to the sump on the right side. The return pump is actually a little beast haha. Im also a wire nazi so when i do finally get to set this up you will never see a wire hanging loosly or crazy like. smart ato micro has barely any wires lol, super simple set up.

Filter Socks, forgot to add these to my list. ops :P

If anyone has a suggestions on equipment they would recommend feel free to throw in your input as i may consider it and buy different items then listed lol.

Setup(s) look great man! That's a pretty sick frag tank. I was worried about a ATO and thinking of not getting one for reliability reasons. I just looked up the Smart Auto Micro and it has nothing but good reviews so maybe that should ease my fears. Have you had any trouble with yours over the years?

Setup(s) look great man! That's a pretty sick frag tank. I was worried about a ATO and thinking of not getting one for reliability reasons. I just looked up the Smart Auto Micro and it has nothing but good reviews so maybe that should ease my fears. Have you had any trouble with yours over the years?

I've only had my Smart Auto Micro for 3 months now running in my 5G nano with no issues whats so ever. Most bad reviews i've seen are the unlucky ones. Other then that most people i've heard run with these usually do with great results.

RobSpeed, 1st and foremost, TYVM for ur service! Semper Fi!

Army Veteran here.

That is 1 sick looking set up! And U stole it for that price!

I love ur Frag tank! Can't wait to see the whole puppy running :)

I've only had my Smart Auto Micro for 3 months now running in my 5G nano with no issues whats so ever. Most bad reviews i've seen are the unlucky ones. Other then that most people i've heard run with these usually do with great results.

Cool ya I think imma give it go

RobSpeed, 1st and foremost, TYVM for ur service! Semper Fi!

Army Veteran here.

That is 1 sick looking set up! And U stole it for that price!

I love ur Frag tank! Can't wait to see the whole puppy running :)

I second this.

Picked up a Ecotech MP10wQD Quite Drive for the 50G frag tank. easily pushes the water completely from one side to the other. was quite surprised by the power of this little pump. Look forward to purchasing two MP40 quite drives for the display. I'll run those both at reef crest, debating on what setting i'll run the mp10 in my 50G. leaning towards the reef crest aswell. Opinions on that one?

Picked up a Ecotech MP10wQD Quite Drive for the 50G frag tank. easily pushes the water completely from one side to the other. was quite surprised by the power of this little pump. Look forward to purchasing two MP40 quite drives for the display. I'll run those both at reef crest, debating on what setting i'll run the mp10 in my 50G. leaning towards the reef crest aswell. Opinions on that one?

One thing about those Quiet Drive models, is the magnet is WAY less strong than the older models. If not anchored, it will sometimes vibrate itself loose and fall.

One thing about those Quiet Drive models, is the magnet is WAY less strong than the older models. If not anchored, it will sometimes vibrate itself loose and fall.

Good to know, the 50G tank is 1/4" thick but i intend on mounting it up there some type of way.

Archived