Cultivated Reef

Blue Green Reef Chromis

greatreef16

I have a 7 gallon nano reef with a false percula clownfish and a Sally lightfoot crab. I want to get some blue green chromiss. So should I wait to get some until after my percula has died:*( , and if then, how many? Or could I get some right now? If then, how many?

Thanks,

Josh

how many without the perc?

I know in freshwater you can have up to 200 schooling fish in only a 30 G aquarium, so what I guess I'm asking is; does that rule the same for saltwater?

Nope, the rules (if you can call them rules... more like guidelines) are completely different. Three fish in a 7g is pushing it, imo. It really depends on your filtration though. If you have 20lbs of LR, a fuge and a skimmer, they may be ok. But if you have very little filtration, you may quickly end up with a nutrient problem.

I think 1 chromis is okay. Maybe 2 if you keep up with water changes and such. In general, the rule of thumb for saltwater is 1 inch of fish per 5g. Of course, there are exceptions.

As for 200 fish in a 30g freshwater, I think that is way too overcrowded.

-Lam

As for 200 fish in a 30g freshwater, I think that is way too overcrowded.
not necessarily... I know a lady who bred guppies. There mush have been ~1000 in her 100g and they seemed to be thriving...

Archived