Coral Vue Hydros

What's the funniest thing a non reefer said when they saw your tank?

Sal10104

I've had people ask me to set a tank up for them.

They're like, all you have to do is set the tank up and feed the fish, right? You change water EVERY week? Do you use table salt? You have to test the water? Well how much would it cost? YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE FISH TANK!!!??? Nevermind...sounds like way too much work. You must not have much of a life, if you set one up for me, will you come over and do all the work?

Sure. Since I don't have a life :(

Get out of my house!!

I've had people ask me to set a tank up for them.

They're like, all you have to do is set the tank up and feed the fish, right? You change water EVERY week? Do you use table salt? You have to test the water? Well how much would it cost? YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE FISH TANK!!!??? Nevermind...sounds like way too much work. You must not have much of a life, if you set one up for me, will you come over and do all the work?

Sure. Since I don't have a life :(

Get out of my house!!

OMG! LMAO!

TRUE

Let's be honest. We have reef tanks, we don't have friends to come over and see them.

And this sums up this whole thread.

I'm still snorting beer out of my nose after reading this :)

pappadumplingz

I'm helping with reviving the tank at my school, and that's another ballpark.

"Is the ph too high"

"Is the ammonia off"

End my suffering

Once a guy saw the hermit crabs at my LFS and WOULDN'T STOP calling them "hamster crabs"

I even referred to them as "hermit" crabs while talking to him and he just didn't want to give up

• 4 weeks later...

Once a guy saw the hermit crabs at my LFS and WOULDN'T STOP calling them "hamster crabs"

I even referred to them as "hermit" crabs while talking to him and he just didn't want to give up

"Stop trying to make fetch happen "
flatlandreefer

My friend was trying to relate talking about how she had hermit crabs when she was a kid thinking it was pretty much the same thing.

Let's be honest. We have reef tanks, we don't have friends to come over and see them.

Yes, this!

Although my dad, when I first set up his tank for Father's day asked if I just got the salt to mix the water at the supermarket. "no, Dad, you can't use Morton's"

Oh and this was funny. My mom saying "can't you just train them to stay in the front of the tank?" when looking at my clownfish hanging out in the back corner all day :rolleyes:

No, mom, they're not dogs. They're fish.

While talking about my excitement of starting a 75 gallon reef, my girlfriend asked if i would devote one corner of the tank for her and she would call it "Lauren's crazy coral corner". She wants gsp for grass and hammer frags for the trees....lol

My girlfriend refers fo Euphyllia as "Dick Trees"

:huh:

My best friend calls the hammer the 'penis plant'.

weird they look nothing like a dick or penis
fishfreak0114

Not saltwater, but today a teacher was talking to me about the school's guppy tank (I'm pretty sure he teaches English). Originally he had thought is was a tank full of bettas :lol: he then proceeded to give me a lesson how the guppies with colorful fins were getting more food then the others and the carotenoids were giving them that color. I then pointed out that the ones that were lacking color were females. he doesn't know that I keep fish :) He also asked if they were going to be released (into a river) at some point too...

My 91 year old grandma thought all my corals were rubber decorations and couldn't figure out why they changed day to night, and she still doesn't believe my yellow watchman goby exists

My mother-in-law, who lived with us the last year of her life, had Alzheimer's. She would sit and watch the biocube and kept asking if she could take the clowns out "to pet them and give them a bath". She was never left alone there ;-).

My mother-in-law, who lived with us the last year of her life, had Alzheimer's. She would sit and watch the biocube and kept asking if she could take the clowns out "to pet them and give them a bath". She was never left alone there ;-).

Lol!! This is my favorite :)

Archived