Top Shelf Aquatics

Stop spreading ZOOs

rocketpop

I just picked up some small zoo frags. These will be my very first corals. I do not want a full tank of zoo! I basicly have two mounds of live rock, a small mount on the left of the tank connected by some live rock to a lager mound on the right side of the tank. I want to make the small mound all zoos. How do I prevent them from spreading to the larger mound. If I break the connection will they spread across the gap?

Dennis

They would be hard pressed to grow across a gap, but I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them. However, they are easy to maintain with trimming.

Originally posted by rocketpop

I do not want a full tank of zoo! Dennis

when i first started my nano, i didn't want zoos in my tank at all, but this might change your mind.

jcigars.gif

I love Zoos .. just got my first this week and I have noticed when I feed my Maroon clown frozen brine shrimp .. the Zoos will EAT THEM !! .. a shrimp will land in one of the polyps and it snaps shut like a venus flytrap. Very Cool !!

I placed my zoos in the sandbed. Should I move them onto LR so they will spread ?

Or will they spread anyway ??

( Thats a beutiful tank BTW 2muchreef4you )

matt the fiddler

just put spacesr in between teh frag and the LR- then they grow on the frag. then that is eay to deal wiht super gule liek crazy

clam shells work well too! and cover wiht coraline in a month usually.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by vetteman

2muchreef4u,  that's alot of Photoshopping....  ;)

lol yeah... well maybe not cause thats a view from above....?

Archived