Pod Your Reef

Crafting small products are fun!

Oceanbox Designs

You have got to be kidding me. Sandwiching 3 pieces of plastic together with the middle one being higher than the other two hardly counts as "an idea" and "Ginah" has nothing to do with it. At all. You sound like a "yooooge" fan.

Look up "copyright" and it's actual meaning before you use the word. Shame? BS.

Alright, you have made your petty, ignorant, foolish point - time to move on. Seriously, get over yourself, and try something constructive, as you are literally contributing nothing of value to anyone else here on NR, except your inflated sense of self. You feel the need to denigrate this gentleman's product and business value, yet needed to buy it because you could not make it yourself, and then feel the need to be an "internet avenger". The price you paid is a relative pittance in the grand scheme of even the smallest reef tank, so what are you really bitching about?!

Just for the record, I did purchase the light stands in question, and they are indeed a quality product. The shipping was standard Priority Mail, so the OP was not "ripping" me on shipping. I would have no problem buying anything else from OceanBox if needed in the future, and yes, I did write this with the desire to "set the record straight."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, yep. Not a new fan, just a repeat fan. Who's avenging what? And what are you contributing other than the assertion that you like paying too much money to advertise his product? Go tell someone that's interested in your authority when it's time to move on. Go ahead and move on if that's what you think this thread needs. Set the record straight? Good for you, pro.

And the stupid words you guys use. Ignorant. I possess full knowledge of the topic because it's plastic and glue and a tap set and a nylon screw. And a logo, don't forget that. It's integral to the genius design of the one-of-a-kind, I'm-so-impressed-he-thought-of-it product you are so horny for.

What's with the "fan" crap? I don't like your attempt to needlessly criticize an honest vendor here, plain and simple. My contributions here go back quite a while, and are irrelevant to the discussion here - while you have been around a short time and this seems to be your big contribution - congrats for letting everyone that reads this thread know what an ass you are.

You have no point but to needlessly bitch, and you are ignorant (sorry if you had to go look it up, with all of our fancy word use) - if it is so simple, than why did you buy it when you could have simply made it yourself with all of your knowledge?!

Keep it up, and hopefully one of the mods can ban you before you clog up any other threads with your unwarranted nonsense.

And there it is. Threaten to "banish" me. Oooooo! And a vocabulary lesson too! I didn't know what "ignorant" meant before you used it in a ridiculous sense. You bet.

The point is clear, anyone happening on to this guy's website is going to say, "Wow, that seems kinda over priced."

Maybe they'll find this before they waste their money. Maybe they'll want it anyways, because they are so "ignor"... No, I can't even do it. It's just such an idiotic way to describe any part of the situation. By the way, all your tanks and all your posts are irrelevant. A dollar is a dollar, the percentage of what these cost to what a tank costs is also irrelevant. Ginah is definitely irrelevant, but he tried to make it about Ginah way up top and it was just a dodge. He said himself that his products are over priced, ignore it if you want.

Two things:

1) I never threatened to banish you, as I don't have the power, but at this point I hope it happens, or at least that you are warned and wise up. People like you pop up here every so often, and typically fade out in a short time - I will keep my fingers crossed...

2) Typical "word salad" by someone who has no valid point and yet is too stubborn to admit it. We all get it - you think you were "robbed" by this guy because you willingly purchased a product, yet afterwards amazingly found it too expensive, too garish, too simple, and so you then had to come on to his thread in his subforum and let your incredibly valuable opinion take center stage. The proper avenue would have been to write your own thread in the product review subforum, but for people like you who profess to be so smart and self-righteous, that is for fools, and you can't be bothered.

At this point, all you have accomplished is to highlight your own idiocy - I sincerely doubt you are going to "warn off" any potential buyers with your dreck. The only thing irrelevant seems to be your opinion and the posts that follow from you. Seriously, start a thread in the proper area if you feel "cheated", and try to contribute something meaningful to the site other than your incredibly foolish rants. Trolls don't typically last long here, but you are welcome to test that theory...

Well, I did have to look up "dreck."

I honesty thought it was a typo at first. But now I see that it's the only word I ever needed to describe the very product this is all about. Dreck. If I do decide to start a new thread about this dreck I will title it "Dreck" and link it right back to you so that everyone can see when the proper time to use the word "dreck" really is. You have so much to teach us all, good thing we have you around. How's that for "word-salad"?

Now I'm going to give you all a few days to bash me and what I've said here, so don't miss your opportunity. The truth is that I'm sure I've made my point, but I'm sure zooman here is going to have something snappy to say about how I don't contribute the way he thinks we should because he is such a NR pro and valuable resource and yatta yatta. Have fun and keep on propping up this dreck. Keep it right at the top of the board while I'm gone.

Oh boo hoo - "I should be entitled to bitch in the wrong forum about a fairly-built product that I willingly bought, and then when I am called out on it by multiple people, I will double down on it by criticizing and minimizing their concerns to make myself appear to not be in the wrong. I will also continue to blather on and on, ensuring I get my incredibly valuable point across that this vendor is ripping people off, and I am the only voice of reason to call him on it."

Again, you are a troll, and deserve whatever scorn you receive here, you poor misunderstood thing. You certainly made your point, and I "snappily" made mine - if you can't follow the rules, go elsewhere and save as your "witty banter". People are "bashing" you because your point has little merit, and is not appreciated in the sponsor forums...

I ordered a frag rack from oceanbox. It came in today. The price was very reasonable and it was extremely well made. This thing is solid. Thanks so much Oceanbox

Keep up with the good work don't let one negative customer ruin it for you. N as for the guy who complain about the logos n price I would love to see him try to make his own stand n shut up with it since he seem soooo knowledgeable about the products

So then I guess we're not done here. The idea of "make it yourself" as originally proposed by Mr. Snappy is among the dumbest of the comments made by any fanboy in this thread. Only the "you're ignorant" comment is dumber. Mr. Moderator, go ahead and give these guys the last word if you want, but anyone looking in can see why. I won't reiterate the obvious.

Make it yourself. It's just a dumb argument. Where does it even come from? It doesn't make any sense. Beyond your rant about how I'm the troll, what else do you have? He says himself it's overpriced. He defends his monument of a logo in terms that prove my point that he wants to brand your aquarium. Still you defend his pricing. Ok, but read his own words above. So who's ignorant?

It's nothing special. It's overpriced. You might as well put a bumper sticker on your tank that stands for something you actually like. It's simple.

I feel bad for the fish you are holding. I bet you talked them to death.

Get a life. This hobby is supposed to be fun.

You need to find your happy place. Fish and corals are not it.

Excellent argument from another fanboy. You don't even try to hide it, you even let this guy brand your post! LOL

And somehow you imply that you have jurisdiction on what it's like to behave as a good reef keeper. Now that actually might be ignorant.

I placed that logo and link in my profile voluntarily. I am a fanboy (I guess?).

I support fellow hobbyist who are trying to make a buck helping others out. I have a tank that he made (check my planted tank). It is awesome. Why not show him support? Funny thing is I am not even sure where he put his logo on the tank. Take a look at my pics. Do you see it?

All I am saying is this. This forum is about people who love the hobby and enjoy helping each other out. It is very clear you dislike the product you bought. It almost seems personal. I am sure you wish like Amazon you could return it.

Do you have a tank? We would love to hear about it. Let's change the subject to something positive. Share with us what you love about the hobby - not what you hate.

I love my tanks. Planted freshwater Florida native, lagoon saltwater, and zoa/paly/lps specimen tank. All 3 have Current strip lights. Only one has these stands. 2 of the 3 tanks are acrylic. He could have built one of the tanks, but it would have been 2x the price of what I spent. He could have built the sump for another tank but it would have been more than 2x the price. He could have his logo on my posts but he didn't want to pay me. Maybe you paid him to have the privilege of his logo on your posts. Maybe it's the other way around. Regardless, you're just showing your ass and trying to tell everyone it's my fault, fanboy.

I have a tank made by OceanBox as well. He made it to my custom specs and the workmanship is top notch. I am very happy with it.

The reason I went with OceanBox is that a lot of people on this site speak very highly of his workmanship and customer service. I wasn't disappointed.

Was it overpriced? Perhaps, but that's a really difficult thing to say in this hobby, since everything is so specialized. I look on website after website and see things like LED light arrays, Protein Skimmers, and other items that seems so outrageously priced it makes my head spin. But that seems to be what the market will bear and people regularly pay those insane prices.

I am also an avid fly fisherman and that hobby is very similar as far as "outrageous" pricing is concerned but it is what it is. Is a 7 foot fiberglass stick really worth 500 bucks? Obviously a lot of people out there think so and that's only the price of a mid level rod. The point is, in highly specialized hobbies like these you will see some wildly varied prices on equipment and supplies for it. Generally you get what you pay for, but sometimes perhaps not.

In your case, Crawdad, you felt it was not worth the price you paid and that's fine. Contacting Phuong directly would have been a better course of action as he probably would have bent over backwards to make things right. All of the poop flinging could have been avoided that way...

I've made my point, I am perfectly happy to let it stand. Hell, I'll even let you get the last word in zooman - you obviously need to win one so have at it. But please don't forget to use some fancy, obnoxious words.

You're not wrong, jojopus, but that's not what I did, so the deal is done.

Like I said - I'll quit here, but if some other wise ass fan needs to chime in I'll just have to see if its worth a response. I doubt it will be, but go for it.

You keep saying you are going to "quit" posting here, but you keep coming back into this thread and posting nonsense and insults - why?

Seriously, what is the deal? Are you a child? Why do you feel the need to endlessly bash this merchant when he has obviously (at least to everyone else) done nothing wrong, except charge a fee for his work? How are all of the other posters wrong, because they are "fanboys", insinuating that they are stupid for appreciating what this merchant offers? Here is what riles "us fanboys" up - no one made you buy the damn things, and his logo was explicitly visible on his website photos of the stands, so you have no one to blame but yourself!

You continue to post drivel (uh, oh - "big fancy word*" alert?) and belittle all the others that disagree, again, like a child (or someone of lesser intelligence who can't stand to be challenged, but lack the acumen [did it again*] to respond appropriately). If you cannot make a point without resulting to name-calling, then your point carries little weight (did it ever?). Hell, someone even tried to "extend an olive branch", and you responded with insults - nice.

Well, there I went and did it - I fed the troll, and in doing so, have "won" something. That is the only thing that makes sense - you literally enjoy trolling... how pathetic...

You're so wrong that I can't help but point out that you are the only person that resorted to name calling. I called some people "fanboy" sure, but please compare that to your own use of the words "idiot" and "ass" to make your point. So despite your over-use of $10 words, you can't make your point without calling me an "ass" an "idiot" and whatever else you claimed. Oh yeah, "troll." It's an inaccurate use of the term, but not as bad as your use of the word "ignorant."

Your perceived authority isn't impressing me. Plus, you're just wrong.

Archived