SaltCritters.com

My new 16g Bowfront

CT nano reefer

CT I have a question about your hood. I am about to buy the same hood for my nano cube and wanted to ask you why you decided to get the AB bulb instead of the regualr 20,000 K bulb? Hello lights offers two different 20,000 K bulbs and I just wanted to know if it was a bad idea to get the regualar 20,000 K bulbs instead of spending more money and getting the AB.

I really don't know much about MH bulbs so let me hear what you guys know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have the ocean pendant with the 2oK AB bulb. It is not real blue at all - very nice color. Marine depot sells it with the AB bulb included in the price. Mine is on an 18H tank. Very happy with it- nice quality.

CT nano reefer

whitten, exactly what ratched said..I also purchased mine from marine depot, and the 20k bulb came with it...and I also love the color of it...

• 4 weeks later...
CT nano reefer

this little cutie just arrived this morning...the fish is just over 3/4" long!...i love the color of this bad girl..( i hope it's a girl!!)

000_0082.jpg

Wow that tank looks great, damn makes mine look lame. I have the same tank filter and skimmer(without prefilter box) That thing looks pretty big. How far into the tank does it sit(depth wise) Also I love the light. Any heat issues? I want to upgrade to something similar. Again beautiful tank!

CT nano reefer

thanx boss..yea that prefilter is pretty big, but it does an awsome job of skimming the surface, and catching any bubbles that might exit the skimmer output..its roughly 8" deep.(from lip of the tank, down into the water)..I do have heat issues in the summer time, since I live on the third floor of a house, but my wife has purchased me an Iceprobe chiller, that I will install after christmas comes!!! thanx again..JIM

• 3 weeks later...
CT nano reefer

last week my iceprobe chiller came, and I finally got around to installing it this afternoon..very easy to install..cut a 1.25" hole in my HOB fuge, and dropped it in ...my Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper controller wont be here until thursday, so i cant run the chiller until then..will let everyone know how it goes!

000_0097.jpg

let me ask you a question, the controller for the chiller is 100% nescesary to run it ? Why ? ( I am thinking of buying one , so thats why I ask :) , thank you! )

CT nano reefer

you need a controller for the chiller, in order for the chiller to turn on and off at a pre-determined set point..otherwise, without the controller, the chiller would stay on constantly, without turning its self off when the water gets to cold...so in a way, i guess you need one.. I am not going to use the Iceprobe controller, instead I've purchased the Digital Aquatics reef Keeper controller which will controller the chiller for me...

CT nano reefer

just another update..got my reef keeper controller hooked up ,and everything is going a-ok!..here's a recent pic of my tank as it looks now..:)

000_0098.jpg

CT looks awsome i too have the ocean light fixture mine is the 250watt version but they work great and are affordable. NOTE to all people looking at the ocean lights go w/ the ab bulb german made sooooo much better

cam barr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived