Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Choosing equipment for NUVO 10 - new build. Advice?

anizato

Everything is here!

The NUVO 10 came with the filter sock instead of the filter basket everyone hated. I think I'll keep it as a backup, but I will be purchasing the InTank filter basket or fuge basket, haven't decided yet. Any suggestions on what to do in the second chamber? (leave it emtpy?)

So I ran the tank with hot water for about an hour, the stock pump seems ok for the time being. I had problems, however, with the SpinStream, couldn't get it to spin. The gears seemed stuck somehow, but I disassembled it, when it is opened the gears turn, no problem, but when I assemble it, the nozzle won't spin, not even with my hands, it is stuck!

Friday is LIVE ROCK DAY and stand building day. I'll be heading to my LFS for the rock, but will be building the stand from measurements I have for a Home Depot dude to cut out the pieces, I'll just drill screws into it and have it done in a few hours.

Obsessed Reefer

If I remember correctly the spin stream needs a certain GPH to work. Not sure if the stock pump is stong enough.

I'd look at the cobalt MJ 600/900 to replace the stock pump. If you don't want anything in the display go for the 900

I would opt for the maxi-Jet 1200 if running the Spin stream. I tried it on the 900 earlier this week and ended up taking it back out an putting the stock outlet back on as the flow wasn't to my liking. I may try the Spin Stream again with the MJ-1200 once I get time to pick one up.

Cool! I have an extra MJ/1200 I use for mixing Water Changes! I will try that tomorrow when I set it all up.

Pics to come... :scarry:

Cool! I have an extra MJ/1200 I use for mixing Water Changes! I will try that tomorrow when I set it all up.

Pics to come... :scarry:

Will you have a tank thread?

absolutely not can be disproven, on this very forum lol

I have a hard time finding a tank that has had a mandarin for more than a year. What designates success? There are a couple - and if trained on frozen definitely a higher success rate but in a 10, I think nutrients would be an issue with how often they need to be fed. Anyway, not trying to hijack but I am curious. I've seen a lot of threads about mandarins lately so I was doing some searching.

post-83895-0-97853500-1472429940_thumb.jpg

This is the first of the equipment. As you can see I stayed true to the suggestions and I appreciate it a lot. Keep them coming (:

On the other hand I set up the tank provisionally

post-83895-0-94913000-1472429944_thumb.jpg

it is on the kitchen counter, just cycling with cycled liverock from the LFS.

post-83895-0-65286600-1472429945_thumb.jpg

This is the little dude that will be living in the Nuvo 10.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure the A80 is such a good deal, as you still have to buy the controller if you want to vary the light temperature.

the Nano and the...ummm...fergot it's name, both come with the controller as just a slightly more expensive price.

yeah I heard about the A80 but wasn´t very convinced. I went for the AI Prime HD instead. I like how it looks, and it isn't that hard to program. Can't tell about growth yet as it is only lighting a rock right now.

not sure the A80 is such a good deal, as you still have to buy the controller if you want to vary the light temperature.

the Nano and the...ummm...fergot it's name, both come with the controller as just a slightly more expensive price.

All kessils have knobs for color and intensity.

Yes, I am running two A360WE on my larger system. They are nice lights, but too intense sometimes and somewhat difficult to dial down. I decided on the AI Prime, mainly for diversity, but because I wanted to try out a different User Interface. The knobs are nice, but the fact that I can have absolute control out of every single LED to get the specific look and intensity I desire is unbeatable. I love Kessil, but I also love the AI Prime HD.

Archived