ReefCleaners.org

18g

eduardo cavalcanti

eduardo cavalcanti

18g, 65w of pcs, 1 external filter of 350l/h with activated carbon and 1 cooler. that´s it.

of animals, as you can see, i have a pair of captived raised clownfisehs, lots of xenias and a leather coral. the tank is 45 days old. any questions, just ask.

glad you´ve liked it

I love the aquascaping, the caves and cliff type scape looks great...and the clowns being so tiny really makes it look like the tank is massive. Great job.....take more pics at different angles ;)

eduardo cavalcanti

sothpaw,

that was exactly the idea i had. i had two clowns that were with me for 3 years in a 30g and i was thinking in putting then in this tank. but, than, i thought that would be better to put smaller clowns so the tank would look more natural.

about xenias, i know the danger they are. i had a 30g with a 150w mh and they growed like crazy. but because this tank its still very young and has very little life in it, i will let them grow for a while.

eduardo cavalcanti

yes,

i´m not using skimmer in this tank. since it´s quite new, i don´t know if it will work. so far, so good. the only problem is the surface oil that appears once and a while. but i think that it can be handeled just with water changes

Dr. Saltwater
Originally posted by eduardo cavalcanti

yes,

i´m not using skimmer in this tank. since it´s quite new, i don´t know if it will work. so far, so good. the only problem is the surface oil that appears once and a while. but i think that it can be handeled just with water changes

Try using a Powerhead and aim it to the surface. This way you get a better watercurrent and you get rid of the layer that's on it right now. Make sure you refresh your water frequently!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by obarrera

What kinds of corals are all of these?

Xenia?

you got it! :) btw, nice looking tank ed, that xenia puts a lot of depth into your tank :)

Archived