Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanobox tides with kessil A360WE for red sea reefer 250?

Fade

Hi,

I just ordered a reefer 250, and already own Kessia A360. The 360we is good for 24x24, but the reefer is 36". To help with coverage and color rendition I was thinking of adding 2 tides , one on each side so the ends of the tank aren't too dark, and I still get the nice shimmer that the 360 provides. Has anyone seen this combination in use? Would two tides be enough?

^^^ This

While what you are planning will work, I think you will find that the two different fixtures will look drastically different in terms of color output and coral color rendering.

^^^ This

While what you are planning will work, I think you will find that the two different fixtures will look drastically different in terms of color output and coral color rendering.

not to mention 3 wires / power supply / outlet is just blah. QUAD is probably your best choice and around the same cost as two tides. Heck, you will come out ahead after selling the Kessil. NanoBox has pretty sweet shimmer too and IMO better color spectrum.

Hi,

I just ordered a reefer 250, and already own Kessia A360. The 360we is good for 24x24, but the reefer is 36". To help with coverage and color rendition I was thinking of adding 2 tides , one on each side so the ends of the tank aren't too dark, and I still get the nice shimmer that the 360 provides. Has anyone seen this combination in use? Would two tides be enough?

Thanks for even considering NanoBox. The shimmer is all there ( not 100% like Kessil ). If you are on IG check out aquariumdesigngroup and watch the video featuring the new IM Drop off tank.

Here are a few pictures of a very good friend with the same tank and a Quad Plus.

28626399301_8578695749_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

28419817380_38219af673_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

28419823460_006c160661_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

28086836474_f958d724e2_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

28598229982_6f7a967a83_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

28088574403_636b478b02_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

Hope this helps and MAYBE sways you to NBR. :D

-Dave

Well I do have a Dou + M , but Dave is working on it at the moment. I had the Dou set on my frag / quarantine tank before the fan went out. Nice color, but doesn't have the glitter lines the 360 puts out. Dou has the edge in making colors pop. I was hoping to combine them for the best of both worlds. Adding T5 means a wall mount or ceiling hung system, and I was trying to avoid that.

Well I do have a Dou + M , but Dave is working on it at the moment. I had the Dou set on my frag / quarantine tank before the fan went out. Nice color, but doesn't have the glitter lines the 360 puts out. Dou has the edge in making colors pop. I was hoping to combine them for the best of both worlds. Adding T5 means a wall mount or ceiling hung system, and I was trying to avoid that.

You can add the shimmer with just adding a bit for surface agitation to the top.

Archived