SaltCritters.com

Changing Goosenecks

aviator300

Dave sent me a 15" gooseneck to replace the shorter one for my Fusion 20.

I guess I just need to open the driver case and loosen each of the 6 wire retainer screws, cut the zip tie off (used as stain relief), and pull the wires out through the old gooseneck. Then reverse the process.

Is it this easy, or is there something I'm missing (little experience with electronics) ?

Dave sent me a 15" gooseneck to replace the shorter one for my Fusion 20.

I guess I just need to open the driver case and loosen each of the 6 wire retainer screws, cut the zip tie off (used as stain relief), and pull the wires out through the old gooseneck. Then reverse the process.

Is it this easy, or is there something I'm missing (little experience with electronics) ?

That easy! The new style units are 100x easier to do this. Just make sure to snap a photo of your wiring.

-Dave

Good idea. Now that you mention it the photo would have been easier but I did a diagram instead. Hah Thanks for replying.

Simple theory, yes..Simple execution, NNOOOOOO.

Maybe for someone that does this every day (hint hint), it's a snap but for the likes of me, it was several hours of fighting with the damn wire sheath and trying to cram it all through the itsy, bitsy holes in the gooseneck.

All that being said, I got er done and it works great. Thanks Dave and Ben

Simple theory, yes..Simple execution, NNOOOOOO.

Maybe for someone that does this every day (hint hint), it's a snap but for the likes of me, it was several hours of fighting with the damn wire sheath and trying to cram it all through the itsy, bitsy holes in the gooseneck.

All that being said, I got er done and it works great. Thanks Dave and Ben

Tape is your friend :D

Archived