Pod Your Reef

The Ultimate Nano-Reef Honor!

Acoustic

Did you "seed" it with live rock when you started and about how long did that take?

Yes. I let my tank cycle for 60 days!

Does the live rock shed or crumble onto the black sand and make it look somewhat dirty?

Some of the rock boring creatures like the bristles poop out on the sand but I suck the top layer of my sand every 3 weeks.

jumboshrimp18

Very nice indeed.

I take it this is't your first Nano: I was wondering how long you've been involved in the hobby.

Also, do you use any additional calcium suppliments or dose anything else? How about phyto or other nutrients?

Well done.

hey Acoustic whats that small green polyp next to the orange plate coral in that closeup?

It is a hitch hiker coral that came on my live rock!

I was wondering how long you've been involved in the hobby.

2 years.

do you use any additional calcium suppliments or dose anything else? How about phyto or other nutrients?

I use kalkwasser and superbuffer. The only nutrient type thing that goes in my tank is mysis shrimp to feed my fish and corals, (every 3 days),when it falls on them and they grab it. Don't fall into the trap of dosing coral food or supplements. The only ones that really need it are non-photosynthetic. Anything else is just creating nitrites and nitrates and nuisance algae.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived