Pod Your Reef

Clown that won't rub

Brownbearhair

I have nine anemones in one area of my aquarium (and a lone one who lives on the other side of the tank :/). The first two or so days they hosts my MP10 but now they don't leave the anemone cluster unless it is to dart out for food. Mine are juvenile clowns under an inch and captive breed so I was surprised at how quickly they moved to the anemone. Maybe it will just take some time.

For what it is worth, I saw a video on youtube where someone was adding some 15 skunk clowns to an anemone. They used a long wide acrylic pipe. Maybe 5-8 inches wide? They slowly added skunk clowns down through the pipe so they would immediately find the nem. They chose this method because the tank was like 300+ gallons filled with some bigger predator fish that would have mistaken them for food.

Melevs Reef.

Too bad the video thing doesn't work for everyone. As soon as I showed the video to my clown he found the bubble tip. It took me a couple of videos tho because if you have a huge phone, and you show the fish a big clown fish I think it gets scared or starts to sex. try to find a video with a clown thats proportionate to your clown.

+1 on the melevs reef. love his bta tank.

The main reason you are having such a difficulty with your clowns is because the species you have does not host BTA in the wild. Ritteri aka Magnificent Anemone is the type of anemome your species of clownfish hosts in the wild. It's not impossible to get them to host a BTA but not natural either.

Archived