Pod Your Reef

CoralLife Aqua Light vs. Current USA's Satellite

sandeelin

wondering if anyone can comment on quality and craftsmanship between CoralLife's Aqua Light with Current USA's Satellite power compact fixtures.

I'm looking at 24" 2x65 watt models specifically.

The price difference betwn the two is about $20 online.

I'd be willing to spend a little more is Current USA's lights, fans, and material/construction is better than CoralLife.

Also here's what WebAquatics says about the Satellites:

"This light fixture produces twice as much light than almost any other light fixture with the same wattage. Twice the light for half the money."

could this be true???

current usa's light is just better overall. sunpaq bulbs have dual spectrum (and if you get a dual model, dual white, and dual atinic)

plus with current you get a moon light. that is worth 20 dollars its self!! search for current usa in the thread. i have posted lots of stuff about them in the last couple months

I'm pretty sure that quotes not from current usa.

twisted words must be compliments of webaquatics.

what they mean is that theit light, meaning the power compact light in general, is twice the output of fluorescent lights.

and it may be half the price, because it would cost a crap load to buy enough fluorescent fixtures to equal the watts of the pc.

webaquatics just screwed up the wording.

I have a 20" Sattilite fixture from WebAquatics, they arn't kidding when they say twice the light.

As for Quality, i could have done better, unless I had went with the 2x40w instead of 1x40..grr bigest mistake I've made...

I love the moon light, puts a lot of glitter lines in the water.

as for the aqualights, I heard the most of the time the ballast and conectors are screwed up

I would say go with Current USA

IMO

Archived