Innovative Marine Aquariums

my new Leather

dieselraver

i put my new leather attached to a 8# live rock in my nano today, (nano was setup 2 days ago!) all thats in the tank is the LR and the leather, a powersweep and the lighting is a 20watt Halogen for now till the actual light strip comes in, these are some pix i used the pringles container as an index for size, please post opinions feedback etc!

leather7.jpg

leather6.jpg

leather5.jpg

leather3.jpg

leather2.jpg

Hmmm, where to start? Oh, I know. 2 days ago, can we say research, research, research, before we buy livestock? Tank isn't even cycled, poor leather.

RandomLetters

Looks good no need for lighting upgrade halogen bulbs are much better then PC's or Mh bulbs. You should get clams. Panther groupers make good nano reef fish too.

ok this is turning into something bad, sorry i didnt mention the rock is being QT'ed lol and thanks Spasticat

It looks like someone took a dump in a glass box.

i can see you know how to really express yourself.

1. the rock was from a 55Gallon tank that was ich ridden, i had no idea till i got there to purchase it and looked at this guys foxface covered in white spots, i almost felt sorry for the whole tank

2. the leather was attached to the rock and both the trunk of the leather and the rock was covered completely in diatom/hair algae, the tank was honestly set up so the chlorine could disappate naturally but being that i wasnt sure about the condition of the rock (if ich cycsts were living on the rock) i QT'ed the whole thing in the nano, obviously there are no fish in this tank, only salt water with a splash of amquel + and a couple drops of seachem's calcium suppliment/iodine mixture

2. obviously the tank was just filled and left on my kitchen counter, this is not where its going to be, it was kind of a surprise with the rock

3. why would the leather die????????? thats by far the dumbest thing ive heard, you dont give any explanation but spurt out stupidities. this leather is huge its 9" x 12" fully extended, obviously this isnt the greatest conditions but the water is fully conditioned, room temperature, and doesnt even need to cycle.

get your facts straight before you start stoning!

edit: and thankyou Kingtech for having some common sense to know that it would be absurd to call this a "nano system" i appreciate you showing them the other threads i posted.

i also posted it here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=420317

obviously this isnt the greatest conditions but the water is fully conditioned

combined with this.......

only salt water with a splash of amquel + and a couple drops of seachem's calcium suppliment/iodine mixture

combined with this......

obviously the tank was just filled and left on my kitchen counter

Is killing me Dieselraver.

you know now that i read my first post, it does seem quite comical, almost crazy it sounds like someone created a tank and these are the pictures of the tank on a counter somewhere :) sorry but i took offense to peoples comments, i have had quite a number of tanks under my belt which include a 29g reef, a 110 fowlr and a 10gal nano i have been in this hobby for over a year now, just FYI

what would you do with a 8# rock with a leather attached to it? put it in your main system and pray it doesnt get everything sick? or put it in your QT tank where you know you've used copper? you pick.

Originally posted by ELGORDOINAVW

how about removing most of the rock off the leather.

Wouldnt it be easier to remove the leather from the rock then to remove the rock from the leather....lol :D

I'm sorry, but it does look like a huge piece of poop in a tank next to a sink.

and you posted in a thread called "Members' Nano Reef"

From that I conclude: Your nano reef looks like a huge dump.

Dude, give the guy a break. He will learn from his own mistakes next time. Everyone makes mistakes one time or another. Although, I would suggest remove the rock from the leather because the rock can hold bad parasites that can get into your main system (even if you are to quarantine it). Or you could try to cut the size of the rock down. QT tanks should have no substrate and rocks in them (only a small power head to keep the water circulating). And QT tanks are not to suppose to look beautiful (they are suppose to look like crap)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dieselraver

[edit: and thankyou Kingtech for having some common sense to know that it would be absurd to call this a "nano system" i appreciate you showing them the other threads i posted.

your welcome .. casting stones helps no one.

How is it doing by the way ??

Archived