inTank Media Baskets

Factors for Xenia Success

Foogoo

I want to try keeping xenias in my 10 galloon nano but I'm a bit intimidated by some of the failure stories. Can someone give me firsthand advice on what is needed for them to thrive?

Just get your xenia from Mermaid123(val) I've heard so many horror storried from people with that strain of xenia growing out of control that I'm affraid to get it.

She even cultivates it in toilet. I'm sure she'll send you some for just the price to ship it.

send me a PM and 25.00 fer shipping.. Ill send U some Elongatta. Ive sent a LOT out... it does really well. also do asearch here at nano.... I think there are a LOT of good threads on it.

I just keep mine (Red Sea & Pom Pom) in low currents with good light and they grow beautifully! Don't really have to do much with them except enjoy them.

Xenia does so well in my tank, its more like a weed, I took it away from any rocks and its sitting on its own in a corner. Even though one of those hairy crabs keeps on eating it, it comes back. I am going to catch that bugger...I thought I got them all, but I saw a new one a few days ago. :(

Archived