inTank Media Baskets

Tide Plus M fan issue

Geauxlsu

I received my light a few days ago and am having an issue with the fan. I have yet to see it come on! I have adjusted the bluefish settings for the fan channel to 100% during the whole light cycle (at 100% I would assume the fan should stay on all the time, but I'm not sure as it could be temperature controlled.) I have felt the unit on the midday settings (brightest the light gets) and the fan is warm but not really hot. I contacted Dave and was told to check for anything interfering with the fan rotation but that was not the issue. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Tom@HaslettMI

I had an issue with the fan on my tide plus m. If it went below 30% it would stop and would not restart without a nudge or me blowing on it. I carefully tightened the screws that mount the fan to the fixture and that seems to have solved the problem. But I will also admit I haven't run the fan below 30% since.

HTH,

Tom

I received my light a few days ago and am having an issue with the fan. I have yet to see it come on! I have adjusted the bluefish settings for the fan channel to 100% during the whole light cycle (at 100% I would assume the fan should stay on all the time, but I'm not sure as it could be temperature controlled.) I have felt the unit on the midday settings (brightest the light gets) and the fan is warm but not really hot. I contacted Dave and was told to check for anything interfering with the fan rotation but that was not the issue. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

If this is customer last name Almond I tried to respond back to your email but was bouncing back. I sent a new driver board to you and will fix the issue. I have had a zero fail rate on the fans however have had a couple failed SCW ( fan driver inside the driver housing ). You should receive this in the next couple days! I will PM you on here just in case email does not work.

I had an issue with the fan on my tide plus m. If it went below 30% it would stop and would not restart without a nudge or me blowing on it. I carefully tightened the screws that mount the fan to the fixture and that seems to have solved the problem. But I will also admit I haven't run the fan below 30% since.

HTH,

Tom

Tom,

The fan being so small wont engage until ~ 40%. The unit itself can handle the heat of about 70%. The joys of having the body one giant heatsink!

-Dave

Yes that is me. I'm not sure what is up with my email but thanks for all the help. Again I love the light and great customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Just replied with an email. I had one other customer that had the same issue and it was the actual Bluefish. Super rare and getting one out now for you from a vendor.

Sorry for these troubles!

-Dave

Archived