Coral Vue Hydros

Router blew today - ? about running T5s tomorrow on hybrid

Newstead

Have a hybrid quad/quad. Love it, but have been running only the LEDs on a total 8 hour schedule with only blues above 20% while the tank went through diatom bloom, now almost gone, (only had water since Feb) and there are just a few fish, 3 acans and 5 euphyllia, which were doing great.

Soooo, this afternoon a thunderstorm rolled through, had power surge then outage for .5 hour. Everything came back up after except for wifi router. After 3 $!#& hours on phone with internet provider and the lovely support staff in India for the router we have determined the router has passed over into technology heaven. We will be buying new router asap in morning, but knowing my IT prowess, it may take a day or more to get everything set back up. Should I:

A) leave all lights off until I can get wifi going and re-blink up with new router;B)

B)Use T5s tomorrow - and if so, should I provide some shade diffuser to prevent light shock?

C) Run my 18 inch Current Marine LED over section of tank where corals are;

D) Visit ABC store and say @$^* it technology bites a big one.

And of course during the storm my new sponge and nepthea frags arrived, so have to worry about them as well.

Suggestions? Just want to be prepared.

CronicReefer

If it's only for a day I really wouldn't go through the trouble of setting up new lights. Corals are okay with a few days in the dark. ABC store sounds good in all scenarios.

All three besides adding the old light. You will be fine with just a day.

I have actually done a seven day black out with all corals just fine.

-Dave

Thanks for the reassurances ... since diatom bloom has receded I was just starting to relax and add more to the tank. I will leave it alone til new router is up and running.

Archived