Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help increasing Midday length.

aviator300

OK, another question.

Been trying to learn the language of Bluefish and having a hard time figuring it out.

For instance when it lists Evening ramp speed = "the length of time it takes to transition between midday levels to evening levels", does that mean between the end of midday levels to the start of the evening levels or the final evening level?

This confuses me, so let me put it this way: Which function do I need to adjust to lengthen the time the light stays fixed at it's midday highest level? Right now I have it set to reach its midday peak at 5pm where it stays steady till 8:45pm, then it starts to ramp down to evening levels and eventually shuts off completely at 11:45pm. (I have no idea how I achieved these settings but I did).

The only thing I want to change is for it to stay at its peak midday level until 9:45pm instead of 8:45pm. I don't want to change anything else.

Could someone advise me which function to change to accomplish this? Thank you very much.

Here is a pic of the tank.

8691fec6-6d1a-4c44-8cb8-05a7ae3e699e_zps

righttirefire

Hey buddy. I believe if you change your night time 1 hour later that will add 1 hour to your midday.... just because. Than look at your ramp and varify

It depends on your night ramp and evening ramping. Sent you a PM back from earlier today.

I can also log into your account to see exactly what you are doing. Just need the user name and PW.

-Dave

Hey buddy. I believe if you change your night time 1 hour later that will add 1 hour to your midday.... just because. Than look at your ramp and varify

This seems to confuse many folks after reading many questions similar to mine. If I take your suggestion, wont that mean lights out later? that's not what I want, I just want to increase the time it stays on Midday max. If it were a storm controller, I'd just set my night start at 2345 and change the ramp time to determine what time the rampdown starts, but I'm lost on the Bluefish. I really want to understand this.

righttirefire

You're right. My suggestion would keep your lights on longer. But you should be able to change your evening and night ramps as Dave suggested. Good luck buddy

Like my PM said I just need more info. Like your ramp times, on/off times, etc. Let me log in and I will get her rolling and then explain. :D

Thanks guys...Shot Dave my User N and PW for him to look at. You know, for 4 years I flew the most advanced aerobatic competition aircraft in the world in domestic and international competition, but this Bluefish thing has me buffaloed Hahah.

Ok after looking at your settings I should have it runing as you want. In order to make your midday last longer you needed to...

• Lessen your "Evening Length" by 30 minutes
  • Lessen you "Night Ramp" by 30 minutes

This works as lessening the entire evening/ramp schedule by an hour which in return INCREASES your midday length.

I am working with Spencer to make a few items easier for people. Without knowing all of your ramps, lengths, etc it is hard to tell.

Hope this helps!

-Dave

Ok after looking at your settings I should have it runing as you want. In order to make your midday last longer you needed to...

• Lessen your "Evening Length" by 30 minutes
  • Lessen you "Night Ramp" by 30 minutes

This works as lessening the entire evening/ramp schedule by an hour which in return INCREASES your midday length.

I am working with Spencer to make a few items easier for people. Without knowing all of your ramps, lengths, etc it is hard to tell.

Hope this helps!

-Dave

Perfect Dave. Now I can look at the settings you created, correlate them to the times that changes occur, better understand the whole process.

As far as getting with Spencer to possibly amend the instructions, the only thing that confused me was all in the wording.

For instance, when it says "Midday Ramp Speed: The length of time it takes to transition from Morning light levels to Midday light levels. Maybe you could add something like "the length of time it takes to transition from (the beginning of or the end of) morning light levels to the (beginning or peak or end of (midday light levels). Etc.

Anyway, I love the light and will grow to love the Bluefish once I understand it fully.

Archived