Pod Your Reef

Help!!!!

rock12

ok here's my problem! I'm 15, and i was soooo excited to get a light that i was going to order! It was the double 20" 36 watt compact light from drsfosterandsmith.com! It added up to 72 watts, the thing is, is i've heard lots of things that are going wrong with them from people all over the site! Anyways, I saved up $50 for it cuz thats how much it was shipped, but kinda don't want to get it now because of all the things said wrong about it! Now heres my question! Is there any light out there that i could get for $50 dollars thats a 20" and 72+watts, or do i have to go with that one(can't get anything more expensive becuase of my age and can't work)? What would you do? If you know an online site please post! I apprciate all the input, i just need to find a new light now i gusse, and just thought sence there is so many people on this site that someone has to know a light i could get from somewhere! Thankx

rock12

Undertheradar

jalli makes a 2x36wattPC for about $70. custom aquatic sells it. more reliable at least / better reputation. What are you trying to do? What size tank?

i want to have a reef, my tank size is a 10 gallon, probly only have softy but wanted to get the best light for them, maybe someday get a brain if possible! Is that $70 shipped?

Hellolights.com still has the Aqualight quad 96watt for $88. You won't be able to do the dawn/dusk thing though. If it was me and I was only going for power compacts I'd save up for one of the Current USA fixtures. Better quality/bulbs.

Archived