Innovative Marine Aquariums

Office Distraction v2

dropped

Yip, who really cares about ammonia post cycle... i rarely test for it.

Ph and temp is good to know for when you are away from home but it doesn't allow you to act on anything like an apex does.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the week off this week, so had a bit of time to mess around with the tanks.

Added a 6500k buld so the mangroves get enough lights, its not a radion like some people growing mangroves but.... i'm not that much of a baller so this is a $20 clip light from the hardware store.

image_13.jpeg

You can see above the tank the new 6500k clip light. its quite bright, i think ill need to create a shield so it doesnt light the tank up.

02426F53-1DD9-49DF-A709-0490DD2043E0.jpg

Acan's in their new home

400CF443-0CC8-4525-AAE2-B636E6AE859A.jpg

Looks great!!!! The sand makes everything pop...good choice :).
  • 3 weeks later...
pappadumplingz

I was planning on getting the micmol Aqua mini as an upgrade for the light the came with my tank. Would you recommended it? And if you want to create a shield for your mangrove light, use corflute, which is the waterproof stuff they use for real estate signs. I have made a makeshift shield with the stuff for my fuge light.

I was planning on getting the micmol Aqua mini as an upgrade for the light the came with my tank. Would you recommended it? And if you want to create a shield for your mangrove light, use corflute, which is the waterproof stuff they use for real estate signs. I have made a makeshift shield with the stuff for my fuge light.

I thought they were a great light... then i got a par meter and my thoughts on them have drastically changed. They look good and the lighting colour is good, but they have bugger all par. Even for the smallest tank i dont think its enough par!

I have moved the mangroves to the sump of my other tank and started dosing NoPox so no need for a shield anymore, but thats' a great idea!

Im in the middle of building my new tank and that could mean this tanks gets the radion xr30 G3 Pro, massively over kill but it will be awesome!

pappadumplingz

I thought they were a great light... then i got a par meter and my thoughts on them have drastically changed. They look good and the lighting colour is good, but they have bugger all par. Even for the smallest tank i dont think its enough par!

I have moved the mangroves to the sump of my other tank and started dosing NoPox so no need for a shield anymore, but thats' a great idea!

Im in the middle of building my new tank and that could mean this tanks gets the radion xr30 G3 Pro, massively over kill but it will be awesome!

Ooh that radion, gonna cost you the $$$$s! I might have to reconsider getting the micmol then. I was looking into the Chinese, Mars Aqua LEDs, but there isn't any mounting brackets for them, and I can't exactly put a 2 ft light fixture over a 30cm tank. Would you have any other led lights you would recommend?

Ooh that radion, gonna cost you the $$$$s! I might have to reconsider getting the micmol then. I was looking into the Chinese, Mars Aqua LEDs, but there isn't any mounting brackets for them, and I can't exactly put a 2 ft light fixture over a 30cm tank. Would you have any other led lights you would recommend?

Oh i already have the radion on my other tank so its free!!!!!

If i wasn't going to put the radion on this tank id be going for the Ai Prime, the prime has just come out in HD so you could get a deal on the standard Ai Prime.

pappadumplingz

Oh i already have the radion on my other tank so its free!!!!!

If i wasn't going to put the radion on this tank id be going for the Ai Prime, the prime has just come out in HD so you could get a deal on the standard Ai Prime.

Nice, I will look into the prime, but they sell for $299 and my friend, who I helped set up a tank, got a hd for $315. It could be a prime but they said it was a hd.

Nice, I will look into the prime, but they sell for $299 and my friend, who I helped set up a tank, got a hd for $315. I could be a prime but they said it was a hd.

Also the nanobox lights look pretty good! ive never seen one in person though.

pappadumplingz

It turns out the Mars Aqua lights are only 39 cms long, so it won't be too much bigger than my 30cm tank. Do you think I should. get one?

It turns out the Mars Aqua lights are only 39 cms long, so it won't be too much bigger than my 30cm tank. Do you think I should. get one?

I cannot recommend them as i have never seen/used or researched them sorry.

Did you give up on the coral box skimmer? I actually removed the foam ring from mine after a few weeks.

I pulled the motor off, drilled a hole in the side and stuck and airstone in there. Now its a air powered skimmer :) bit of a waste but it works.

• 2 weeks later...
reeferbrownies

I tried the gravel vac skimmer, its pulling water :( I have a gravel vac attached to the glass with a heater suction cup. On the bottom I ran a lime wood airstone, used a bit more than a foot of the original vac tube shoved into the top of a plastic water bottle. Any suggestions?

I tried the gravel vac skimmer, its pulling water :( I have a gravel vac attached to the glass with a heater suction cup. On the bottom I ran a lime wood airstone, used a bit more than a foot of the original vac tube shoved into the top of a plastic water bottle. Any suggestions?

You need to move the vac higher in the water colum.

New fish on the way, managed to pick up a rainfordi goby on one of our local auction sites. Pick it up this weekend!

I also sold my yellow coral as he was a bit to friendly with my acans.

Stocking list will now be

2 x Baby clowns

1 x lawn mower Blenny (Small 4cm max) will be moved to my SPS tank later. Might not even be a lawn mower blenny its teeny

1 x Rainfordi goby

August FTS, bit late but oh well

71DCB1C9-1E40-44CA-9101-06723A534346.jpg

And not the best pic but ill post it anyway haha

Picked up one of these as well, he is not even an inch long!

download.jpg

Archived