Innovative Marine Aquariums

2x32 watt retros

smoothlarryhughes

smoothlarryhughes

I have 2 32 watt retros over my minibow 7 in a custom hood. Is it better to have the 2 50/50 bulbs that came with it or should I have one actinic and one daylight bulb??? Also are the bulbs from hellolights better than the bulbs that came with it? Any thoughts on this? I know that having the two different bulbs would allow me to run the actinic without having the daylight on as well. What type of lighting schedule would be best for growth??

soem people i have heard say if you havea n actinic day once in a while it makes stuff open up alot more the next day, pluse it looks bad ass, but i don't really know

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that either choice would make a dramtic difference. If you wanted to get specific it would probably be best to use one actinic and one daylight for the best dawn/dusk simulation. I would run a full 12 hour day, having the actinics on 1-2 hours prior to the daylights and remaing on 1-2 hours after the daylights go off. I like to have the actinics go off right at my bedtime. Good Luck!!

joe

Archived