Cultivated Reef

can some ID this anemone pls

Sai

It is definately a BTA... The "bubbles" are clearly shown in the picture. I'm am not sure if it is a rose or a green from the picture... It could be a green that is not healthy. With proper feeding and lighting the coloration should come back.

I don''t know what you mean by bad anemone? I suppose aiptasia and mejano... The anemone pictured is not one of those, again it is clearly a BTA. All anemonies pack a pretty serious sting and can kill other animals in your tank. A carpet anemone can kill fish pretty efficiently, so depending on your definition you can call most of them bad... or not.

Bubble tips can be a variety of colors. The most sought after are the red and greens, but there certainly are brown ones as well, they are just not popular in the hobby. Yours could be a brown BTA or a rose or green that is not healthy. When I bought my GBTA it was a pale greenish brown, but with some better lighting and hearty feedings it slowly turned a deep green. Remember, it is the zooxanthith (spelling?) that give the anemone it's color and for that it needs appropriate light.

The anemone needs to be fed. They like silversides, I would feed mine a couple inches of fish 2-3 times per week.

Thank for the help in ID it, sorry for the disbeleive, those 2 anemone was given to me as food for my fish. It was free so i assume it was junk.

See if you can find a local reefer, that has the lighting, to trade for some frags or something. There are a lot of people who would jump on it, even on this forum, but I would check locally first.

Archived