Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yasha goby homicide

Normang

No clue. I had the female first and she has always fed the shrimp. When I got the male, she started feeding him too. The female is larger and spends more time out of the burrow than the male.

411B1279-0836-43B8-B432-9B56B8E25AF5.jpg

This is an older picture of my pair. The one in the back is the male. You can't see it well in this picture but in addition to the black spot on the dorsal fin he's also got dark splotches on his pectoral fins that the female doesn't have. Though the last time I saw both of them (about a week ago now) all of their red markings have darkened to nearly black. They have spawned at least once that I have seen. The larvae hatch at night and swim up to the lights when they come on. I am not usually up before sunrise so I may have missed many spawns.

this is great info on the yasha. Sweet looking pair, I couldn't even tell you if mine is male or female because I haven't seen it enough to know. ha

Hammerstone

Now I know what I have on my list when I have my other 30 gallon ready!! You've inspired me. It's too cute. The entire package!!!

Now I know what I have on my list when I have my other 30 gallon ready!! You've inspired me. It's too cute. The entire package!!!

make sure they are some of the first fish you add. I think I messed it up by adding my percs and yellow coris first. But online and our LFS went 3 months without being able to get this, so I added the others first. Now its biting me in the but.

On other good news, I bought a RBTA last weekend, and the percs are starting to take to it. Fun to watch

Hammerstone

make sure they are some of the first fish you add. I think I messed it up by adding my percs and yellow coris first. But online and our LFS went 3 months without being able to get this, so I added the others first. Now its biting me in the but.

On other good news, I bought a RBTA last weekend, and the percs are starting to take to it. Fun to watch

thats cool, that was fast!!
Polarcollision

Thanks for the comments guys. The shrimp I have is a pistol shrimp, so they should be paring up and not killing each other.

Today when I was cleaning the tank I decided to take out my intank media filters and clean them inside and out. While the baskets were out I decided to take a flashlight and check the chambers just in case. Turns out that the yasha goby was just chilling, alive, in the number 1 left chamber.

I got super lucky that he landed into the filter compartment after his jump. Fusion 20 tank owners beware, fish can and will miraculously find the 1/4 gap between the screen and glass.

I fished him out and put him back into the display. I hope he finds the pistol soon.

Almost the exact same story here, but in a Nuvo 8. A fish and sexy shrimp ended up in the return chamber - alive.

Almost the exact same story here, but in a Nuvo 8. A fish and sexy shrimp ended up in the return chamber - alive.

yeah its crazy how they seem to find their way back there.

Archived