Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What would be the best scape for a nem only tank?

pompeyjohn

pompeyjohn

I am thinking it would be a wall of rock style with lots of pockets for feet to attach. There are some nem dominant tanks out there, but it is hard to see the scape below.

I don't think it matters too much. However you like. Rocks with large caves/holes are a plus. Mine sunk its foot right in and fully expands out of it. If it ever needs to it can shrink up completely inside the whole

Orangutran

I am thinking it would be a wall of rock style with lots of pockets for feet to attach. There are some nem dominant tanks out there, but it is hard to see the scape below.

Not an expert, but would it be better to keep the rocks off the glass so it can't walk up the glass and into a powerhead?

It really depends on what type of anemone. Haddoni are sand dwelling and prefer a 4

" - 6" deep bed. BTA are rock dwelling and like to bury their foot in holes and crevices. Tapetum always choose a glass corner in my tank.

Decide what you're going to keep first.

blizzardscout2

Just my 2 cents. If you plan on keeping a variety such as a Maxi or mini carpet, you may not want to have them sinking their foot into holes. Reason is at some point you may want to divide them and I found out the hard way that they are virtually impossible to get out of the hole without damaging the foot. If you chose rock that doesn't have a lot of holes that they attach to, it will be much easier to remove them. Glass is the best of course. Good luck to you, sounds like a fun project!

Archived