Coral Vue Hydros

Thoughts on my Dry Rock Scape?

ReeferAddict727

ReeferAddict727

I tried a few different layouts and ended up with this. Thoughts? The rock on the left is one big rock, the cave on the right is made of 3 rocks and extends almost all the way to the front of the tank. All Reefsaver Dry Rock.

20160508_213551-1_zpsaleeoclh.jpg

20160508_213556_zps6natnfft.jpg

20160508_213600_zpstdbljufc.jpg

20160508_213606_zpsdj4jvmsu.jpg

Elizabeth94

I like it a lot. Clean and simple, and you have plenty of room on the right side with that rock (its has a lot of horizontal space for corals). Decent amount of open sand to put some nice acans too :happy: (if you like them of course ;) )

pntbll687

I dig it. Looks awesome just make sure you have space all the way around for a magnet cleaner.

^^ THIS

I made the mistake of not checking the clearance on the cleaner and there is about a 6x4in section I cant get cause the rock is close to the glass. It's filthy, as in coralline will be a solid piece in the next few months.

ReeferAddict727

Spacing is plenty on all sides for the mag cleaner!

Thanks for the input, that's what I was hoping for!

I like it a lot. Clean and simple, and you have plenty of room on the right side with that rock (its has a lot of horizontal space for corals). Decent amount of open sand to put some nice acans too :happy: (if you like them of course ;) )

Oh yea I'm definetly going to get a nice Acan and probably a Scoly hence the open patch :D

Votes are in, so I'll be leaving it as is permanently, you guys can follow the progress here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/373411-reeferaddict727s-im-25-gallon-lagoon-build/

Thanks for the input!

Awesome! Also just a thought what I did was used putty to make all the rocks solid. But instead of making 1 huge scape I made the entire scape into 3 structures that lock together like Legos in the tank.

These break down into left, center, and right pieces.

72A0E53E-846B-4CD2-A81B-023FD3FFC9CA.jpg

Archived