inTank Media Baskets

Sand ?

haleigho

Cencalfishguy56

Not sure in all honestly, but it's working great.

i only ask because they say mesh doesn't catch as many small particles as the felt
HarryPotter

i only ask because they say mesh doesn't catch as many small particles as the felt

That is true, but the mesh is VERY fine. Looks solid to me with the small micron options.

My skimmer is working great, nice dark black skimmate. I don't know if that is a fair analysis of the socks performance though

Cencalfishguy56

That is true, but the mesh is VERY fine. Looks solid to me with the small micron options.

My skimmer is working great, nice dark black skimmate. I don't know if that is a fair analysis of the socks performance though

true, I think I'll try the mesh next water change just to see how it goes because my felt get super dirty quick
HarryPotter

true, I think I'll try the mesh next water change just to see how it goes because my felt get super dirty quick

Yeah. I was doing mesh and then felt ones (in that order), but felt that the felt ( :lol: ) weren't any better. And they NEVER get clean

Cencalfishguy56

Yeah. I was doing mesh and then felt ones (in that order), but felt that the felt ( :lol: ) weren't any better. And they NEVER get clean

lol they really don't, I rinse the shit out of mine too
gulfsurfer101

When adding sand live or dry ignore everything written on the label. Take a small amount and rinse it in a bucket till it runs clear with a water hose stirring it as you rinse. Pour it right into your tank that's about 3/4 of the way filled up. By the time you have repeated this process your water is already clear. Next you add your rock and turn your system on. Less than hour later you can add your fish if you used mature rock. The sand becomes live over time and contrary to what you've heard fw will not kill your livesand bacteria popluation completely. The stuff that lives will feed on the dead and take over once again very rapidly.

Good news, the floss worked! Tank is clearing up rapidly! And after the local fish store tested my water...the cycle is almost done.

Archived