SaltCritters.com

Laybackk's IM Nuvo 20 Build.

Laybackk

Love the scape, looks like a promising start! Ideas on stocking?

Gonna be mostly zoas and other softies. Any other ideas?

nice build sir!

the scape is cool, I do like it but I was a fan of the arches as well maybe one arch...haha

well just cuz you asked I am becoming a very big fan of gorgs. my new fav, coral.

did you get the issue with your lights sorted out? they look so sleek. I still plan go getting the 24"er for my 2OL at some point..

nice build sir!

the scape is cool, I do like it but I was a fan of the arches as well maybe one arch...haha

well just cuz you asked I am becoming a very big fan of gorgs. my new fav, coral.

did you get the issue with your lights sorted out? they look so sleek. I still plan go getting the 24"er for my 2OL at some point..

Yeah man the scape is pretty sweet. I just wanna build it up a little higher too! Gorgs are nice dude, gonna get into those soon. The issue with the light still exists, but I've broken down and purchased an AI Prime anyways haha If you want, I can sell you my nemolight for $150. Pretty sweet discount and I've only been using it for 3 weeks.

IMG_2127_zpsh664xbwq.jpg

Finally settled these into a nice spot!

Got a new update coming after this one too! Some new blue ricords as well as new zoas and frogspawn (pics coming soon once they open up and acclimate).

IMG_2129_zpsdltpws6h.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

thomas8man

looks great slowly building up my zoa garden after a zoa pox cleaned half of the zoas. I always look at my zoas at my store and when i put them in my tank for any white dots.

Any updates?

Here's an update:

Overall view with new AI Prime light

IMG_2146_zps25jet5rf.jpg

Full tank view

IMG_2147_zpscalkepxq.jpg

Close up, Purple Favia (New)

IMG_2148_zpseoz0y4m4.jpg

Close up, Unknown Zoas? (New)

IMG_2149_zpsvdf0tlgr.jpg

Close up, Red Rovers (New)

IMG_2150_zpsd1nl35fs.jpg

Close up, Green Trumpets (New)

IMG_2151_zpsdjrh7w0t.jpg

Close up, Frogspawn (New)

IMG_2152_zpsrneapdok.jpg

Close up, Blue-green Favia? (New)

IMG_2153_zpswlvkwodj.jpg

Close up, Orange Bam Bams (Sent from Holy Carp)

IMG_2154_zps9zrh3dn6.jpg

Close up, Blue Ricordea (6 Mouths)

IMG_2155_zpsnzprmud0.jpg

Everything has pretty much exploded since getting the AI Prime. All the zoas are brighter and more colorful and the favias and trumpets just pop. I've seen pretty good growth from all the corals and I'm looking to add my first couple of fish soon!

Livestock thus far:

* 5x Zoa colonies

* 2x Favia colonies

* 1x Trumpet colony

* 1x Frogspawn head

* 6x Blue ricordea mushrooms

Future livestock plan:

* Maroon clown with anemone (or maroon clown pair)

* 6-line Wrasse

* Royal Gramma

* Red Firefish

* And maybe a goby of some sort

Lemme know what you guys think!

ParadiseLost

Here's an update:

Overall view with new AI Prime light

IMG_2146_zps25jet5rf.jpg

Full tank view

IMG_2147_zpscalkepxq.jpg

Close up, Purple Favia (New)

IMG_2148_zpseoz0y4m4.jpg

Close up, Unknown Zoas? (New)

IMG_2149_zpsvdf0tlgr.jpg

Close up, Red Rovers (New)

IMG_2150_zpsd1nl35fs.jpg

Close up, Green Trumpets (New)

IMG_2151_zpsdjrh7w0t.jpg

Close up, Frogspawn (New)

IMG_2152_zpsrneapdok.jpg

Close up, Blue-green Favia? (New)

IMG_2153_zpswlvkwodj.jpg

Close up, Orange Bam Bams (Sent from Holy Carp)

IMG_2154_zps9zrh3dn6.jpg

Close up, Blue Ricordea (6 Mouths)

IMG_2155_zpsnzprmud0.jpg

Everything has pretty much exploded since getting the AI Prime. All the zoas are brighter and more colorful and the favias and trumpets just pop. I've seen pretty good growth from all the corals and I'm looking to add my first couple of fish soon!

Livestock thus far:

* 5x Zoa colonies

* 2x Favia colonies

* 1x Trumpet colony

* 1x Frogspawn head

* 6x Blue ricordea mushrooms

Future livestock plan:

* Maroon clown with anemone (or maroon clown pair)

* 6-line Wrasse

* Royal Gramma

* Red Firefish

* And maybe a goby of some sort

Lemme know what you guys think!

Beautiful tank! I was thinking about getting a pair of gold nugget maroon clowns for my tank. Are you getting any designers?

Not sure about designers, but a gold maroon pair is most likely my next choice.

Beautiful tank! I was thinking about getting a pair of gold nugget maroon clowns for my tank. Are you getting any designers?

thomas8man

you should get the spin stream for the nuvo makes for more variable flow. Also could do a pygmy fish like churb angels( haven't had them eat corals at all before and have had plenty before.)

Thanks guys!

you should get the spin stream for the nuvo makes for more variable flow. Also could do a pygmy fish like churb angels( haven't had them eat corals at all before and have had plenty before.)

The MP10 on lagoon mode gives me plenty of flow. The spinstreams are ok, but not needed here lol

• 2 weeks later...

Actually upgraded the light to an AI Prime. Absolutely love it. The connectivity via iPhone is perfect and the scheduling works great!

Yeah, that Aquamaxx just wasn't what I wanted and not what I thought it was. The AI makes everything so easy, and the shimmer is amazing! :wub::wub::wub:

You upgraded already! Wow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Steam1n_Seam3n

Tanks looking good! Are you by chance using spin streams? Was thinking about upgrading to those for my 20, but I have heard mixed reviews.

• 2 months later...

Tanks looking good! Are you by chance using spin streams? Was thinking about upgrading to those for my 20, but I have heard mixed reviews.

Actually I don't use them. The flow from the stock nozzles work just fine, mixed with my ecotech.

Archived