Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral Box Skimmers

Matteo

Anyone rocking these? I have a 50 gallon with a 20 gallon sump and currently have a SCA 303 Skimmer and it definitely does the job but I am not a fan of the 45.5 watt pump it uses and would rather get a more efficient skimmer.

I was looking at the Coral Box D500 and it seems pretty cool!

• Like 1

Highly recommend the Coral Box D500. Now granted that I run a Coral Box D300 on my Elos Midi, I think the D500 for that size would be great. I can get pictures of my skimmate if you'd like. I can vouch for the silence. Literally dead quiet; only thing you'll probably hear is your water draining into the sump :D

• Like 1

I have the D300 running about 1 month on my 25g system. The DC motor seals the deal for me. Makes it much easier to dial in the skimming. Cheap in price, but the build quality is solid.

I can only compare it to my IM Ghost skimmer running in my 40g AIO. The D300 is way better IMO.

• Like 1

seems like a lot you like it! I wish it was on Amazon because I have a 100 bucks on my account! :D anybody wanna trade paypal for amazon money?;)

• 4 years later...
On 4/25/2016 at 11:04 AM, Matteo said:

You guys think a d300 would be too small for my setup? Might as well go big or go home?

Well I thought the same thing but Logan over at reef breeders said the 500 would be Way over sized for our 60 cube and 20 high sump.  We are in the same boat reef octopus 110 classic or coralbox D300..

Ours is going to be in a room so I'm leaning towards DC and his warranty is Decent for what it is.