Innovative Marine Aquariums

Looking for help on picking something out

Rpc07

Here is my current aquascape. I would like something to go in the circled area. Lighting is a hydra 26 hd. I should mention that I am semi novice when it comes to corals.

BAB0AD04-87C8-4289-990F-2272AEF232D0.jpg

I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you

A nice colony of candy canes or trumpets would look good up there too.

And I would be ok with them being in the highest and the brightest part of the aquascape?

ReefSafeSolutions

I love your rockwork! That's exactly what I want to do on my next tank, nicely done.

As far as coral goes on the top there, why not get another hammer? Or a frogspawn, torch, etc. for up there? I think it would make a fantastic focal point.

I love your rockwork! That's exactly what I want to do on my next tank, nicely done.

As far as coral goes on the top there, why not get another hammer? Or a frogspawn, torch, etc. for up there? I think it would make a fantastic focal point.

Thanks I appreciate it. Got the rocks from reef cleaners. Im not against another hammer or torch but I'd like to get something new that's not already in the tank.
ReefSafeSolutions

A duncan would be pretty cool, especially if you got one with the longer tentacles!

I think you'd be fine with SPS corals, by the way. I overfeed my tank all the time and I have a birdsnest frag that's growing pretty well and maintains its bright green color. So maybe a birdsnest would be worth looking into?

Nice aquascape! I really like it.

Frogspawn is really pretty and looks so nice as it flows in the current.

Have you considered a toadstool leather?

Nice aquascape! I really like it.

Frogspawn is really pretty and looks so nice as it flows in the current.

Have you considered a toadstool leather?

Thanks, I'll look into the leather.

I wouldn't do a plating monti cap just because it's going to shade all coral underneath when it starts plating out.

Depends on what kind of flow you have up there too. If it's an LPS dominated tank, I suppose you have lower flow, but you don't want anything that's gonna extend a lot either with sweepers and kill everything around it.

I'd put colony of montipora Undata. Encrusts and grows up in like finger shapes...pretty cool. You just gotta make sure your parameters are stable and of course acclimate it to your lights.

Pinner Reef

I'd say make it something really killer but that could be removed later if necessary. A scoly, or bubble coral would be cool and temporary. That way when you find the one truly killer coral that you're going to love forever it could be easily removed.

Bubble coral that high up? They need sand. Not to mention it would look out of place. I'd do something spiky honestly. I've got a rainbow birds nest in my tank top right under the lights. It took off and shooting branches left and right. It's gonna look awesome once it gets big.

I understand the temporary thing but you gotta acclimate things to put them under the lights. Might as well leave that place empty until you get that "killer " coral. Of course you can do as you wish ;)

Archived