Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ich

Cesar

I just noticed that my Yellow tang has Ich, and it looks pretty bad. I noticed that my tomato clown and two damsels are also getting it. Should I get a hospital tank or should I just dump ich medication in the tank. By the way I have 2 anemone's and a bubble coral. Would the medication take a toll on my coral or anemone?

Thank you. You know what's strange, today when I got home from work I noticed that my clowns and damsels dont have any signs of it anymore. The yellow tang has a bit, but not as bad as it was yesterday. Is that a normal sign of Ich? Does it come and go?

umm, melafix is not an ich treatment. i will be thrilled if it does work for ich but to my knowledge it does not work for ich. well after reading the bottle it does say it works for disease. my honest advice is to get a QT tank up and running. most reef safe remedies dont work, or arent reef safe. and whatever you do dont use copper in the presence of inverts.

you can also try a couple or invert safe treatments, kick-ich and green-x to name a few...kordon also makes an organic treatment that many people swear by.

On a new note. I noticed that since I observed the possible ich on my Yellow tang, they have become real active and somewhat aggressive. They just bullied one of my damsels to death yesterday. They killed him. Is that because of the Ich situation?

Archived