SaltCritters.com

VstyLe09 IM Nuvo 10

VstyLe09

Elizabeth94

I cant really help with the names of the zoas, but that second coral looks like a chalice to me.

What intensity is your light on? Zoas are low light corals or the most part, id probably move them down, unless your light is on low intensity.

I cant really help with the names of the zoas, but that second coral looks like a chalice to me.

What intensity is your light on? Zoas are low light corals or the most part, id probably move them down, unless your light is on low intensity.

its on the lowest setting without the spectral controller. I was actually just researching placements of them. Thanks for that.

Cencalfishguy56

Did a ~70% water change yesterday and stopped by a LFS to pick up a six line wrasse and 2 corals (if anyone can help me identify the zoa/paly and the other piece that would be great)

6748FAB2-B522-4091-9815-FCEDDFF8005C_zps

8FD84E1C-6BA4-4152-8CEA-498C9AC91207_zps

DE940113-3BB6-437D-95E8-06598142A090_zps

wheres the sixline? Lol

Got some diatom bloom today. Also ordered a kessil spectral controller and a corner frag rack

Clean up crew from reefcleaners should be here Thursday

FTS with the sixline wrasse

9B6F6DE9-FD96-4B31-971A-50FD634DCA52_zps

How often are u feeding the wrasse?

I'm feeding it every two days, a pinch or two at most of flakes

reefernanoman

Got some diatom bloom today. Also ordered a kessil spectral controller and a corner frag rack

Clean up crew from reefcleaners should be here Thursday

FTS with the sixline wrasse

9B6F6DE9-FD96-4B31-971A-50FD634DCA52_zps

Cool. First frags?

Made another thread for this but figured I'll put it here too.

A small colony of zoas had some white spots appear on the inside of the polyps after a water change last night.

Is it zoa pox?

98A153EA-EC01-42C5-A082-64403BA5A58D_zps

Also got my clean up crew in as well.

1 Mexican turbo

2 blue legged hermit crabs

3 nerites

2 Florida Ceriths

2 nassarius

8 dwarf Ceriths

Cool. First frags?

Yes, just have the colony for now though. Ended trading in the chalice back to the LFS cause of bubble algaes was on it lol
reefernanoman

Made another thread for this but figured I'll put there here too.

A small colony of zoas had some white spots appear on the inside of the polyps after a water change last night.

Is it zoa pox?98A153EA-EC01-42C5-A082-64403BA5A58D_zps

Also got my clean up crew in as well.

1 Mexican turbo

2 blue legged hermit crabs

3 nerites

2 Florida Ceriths

2 nassarius

8 dwarf Ceriths

Yes, just have the colony for now though. Ended trading in the chalice back to the LFS cause of bubble algaes was on it lol

I'm not crazy about chalice corals. Last time, I got one that would take out very long sweeper tentacles, which it used to turn my surrounding sps white. Very aggressive coral. It was a Hollywood stunner. No more chalice for me.

Update. Dipped the z/p frag in betadine solution for 30 mins for 3 days and that cured the zoa pox.

Also got a frag of green star polyps from a friend

28CDCFAA-D713-4A5F-8D45-7360AAE2F27A_zps

A little update.

Picked up an oceanbox designs frag rack earlier in the week and a tripplite individual switch surge protector. Also fixed the spin stream. Wasn't put back together correctly :X

6402CB6D-F86B-4A15-84AF-2B3EC3785DCB_zps

One of 2 blue legged hermit crab died today. Switch the light to all white and saw his body in the middle but can't find the original shell.

It looks like sixline tried to eat it or something because I only found the legs attached to a partial body.

Not sure if these are battle scars on the wrasse but it looks beat up

65D5A7C9-0155-4800-B7BD-6633BD358D9B_zps

Best pic I can get but its a faint white patch in back half of the body

Do you guys know if this caused the lines on the wrasse to be jagged? It looks scrunched up by its head.

E60C2B6E-72AE-4409-960C-0F466FBFFAAB_zps

landon1010

Are you positive it's the crab and not just a molt of itself? I thought one of my Scarlett's had died but it turned out it just molted. It could be hiding after molting.

Never thought about molting but the body did look like this before I picked it out

DF297C7E-8CDF-4272-A940-BC05E9CAEDCC_zps

Are you positive it's the crab and not just a molt of itself? I thought one of my Scarlett's had died but it turned out it just molted. It could be hiding after molting.

landon1010

Hard to tell from the picture but it could be a molt. I'd keep an eye out for 2 hermits over the next couple of days and it might reapear.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not sure why the wrasse looked like that but its looking better now and the hermit just ended up being a molt..Next time i dont have to panic if cant find the shell lol..

But heres an update since then,

Picked up a pair of ocellaris

Got a few more corals

-multi colered tip torch

- A few zoa frags

:fire and ice

:rastas

and i forgot the name of the other 3.

-2 acans

- 3 ricordeas, 2 florida and 1 yuma

6B9E915A-C909-4217-9BC1-ADAA22866BD2_zps

C057706C-08C7-44FD-A945-CC3F93955005_zps

E626A92A-261F-4C65-8BAC-81276CDA99D6_zps

and comes the bad news., the torch was doing good the first 3 days but then i started to notice it was receding. Few days later it receded half of its original size so yesterday I dipped it in coralRx in hopes to save it.

2F767260-F2D5-4CB6-90E6-DE449917DC97_zps

Next morning it looked like this

D7A90E12-2F23-41E2-AB6F-D8D5DF80E0B6_zps

Appears that it had gotten brown jelly disease so ended up throwing it away before it affected the other corals..it smelt like rotten seafood when it was pulled out.

Luckily the local guy (Sweet Frags on facebook) I bought it from is willing to give me another one. So thats getting picked up tomorrow

Question: the location of the torch.. is it ok there or too much flow? (mp10 is set on reef-random, minimum speed at 1st dot and highest speed is the 3rd dot)

Had to throw away a frag of zoa away today. I believe it was a "vdm" zoa. It was melting and I was too late in fragging off the infected polyp before it spreaded. Before fragging I tried hydrogen peroxide dip and also coralrx dip to no avail.

Other then that all the other corals are doing fine. The new torch opened up its largest I've seen after I got out of work.

• 2 months later...

Update 9/3/2016

FTS:

E3D13573-10FF-46EE-A153-05A6EEEFA2FD_zps

Added quite a few things since the last update

A buddy was shutting down his 10g so he gave me his livestock, corals had alot of hair algae on it. Picked off as much as I could before i got it in the tank. Also had to take a pair of his clownfishes as well.

Corals I obtained were the frogspawn and about 10 frags of zoas/paly.

Now I know im overstocked on the fishes for a tank this small but I didnt want his fishes to die.

Im currently in the process of purchasing either a Red sea reefer 250 or 450 to try to accommodate both pairs. Right now they are fine together but eventually itll get bad.

yumas splitted

A19434A5-5436-4E80-8DD4-BA3970E4F7EB_zps

I also added a water station finally.

A tank is for RODI and the other is to for drinking

5F4314B7-16DA-43AD-8CB3-2C3FFC9853FE_zps

Ran low of Red sea coral pro salt so ive purchased a 55lb box of Aquaforest reef salt to try. Can't wait to try that

Had a stylopora SPS for about a month. One day i noticed some of it was turning white for some reason, had to toss that frag as I couldnt save it anymore.

Turbo snail died along with 2 hermits and some other snails.

Switched from coral frenzy to reef roids

Archived