Coral Vue Hydros

My first saltwater tank

brechbuhl

This is my first saltwater tank after a week of cycling.

15G Tall AGA

201 AC Powerhead

AC300 HOB fuge

20lb Lalo Live Rock

Coralife 130W Lunar Lights

Sand and a clean up crew are due soon

I think actually your better off staying just like this .. a lil sand but not too much the unique deisgn looks good xD piling gives more of a realistic approach

Even though you might not listen to me ... ask anyone the tank looks fine ill bet you'll move alot of the rocks around but you wont get it like that again no matter how many times you try ='(

Lots of lilttle caves .. might suggest after cycling you get some hermits and snails.... before the sand ... Then you can do w/e after the tank is running =] But nice others wise

This a new picture of my tank. Amonia has started to go down and nitrites up which is good. Soon I'll have fish and a clean up crew.

i would suggest moving your rocks off the sides of the glass, and puting some sand in the tank, rocks can cause pressurepoints on the glass and might break the bottom if there are and imperfections in the glass. JMO i used to run a 15H for years...nice tanks i see if i cant get a pic of mine

Originally posted by The Unit

i would suggest moving your rocks off the sides of the glass, and puting some sand in the tank, rocks can cause pressurepoints on the glass and might break the bottom if there are and imperfections in the glass.

I wouldnt worry about it. here's my tank

i guess technically since the tank is barebottom the rocks have nothing to secure them to the bottom, so they may slide. didn't think about that.

###### i only suggest the rocks not rouch the sides as it is a pain in the butt if not imposible to clean the glass...there will always be that little part of green agle that u cant get to but u can deff see...there is almost no was the sides r gona break...

plus haveing sand will hide all of the detrius u already have building up on the bottom glass

• 3 weeks later...

Archived