Andromeda's Galaxy - 1mo FTS!

kimberbee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

Getting ready to clean...

26693201415_cb59cedbf2_z.jpg

I got out the DSLR camera after I cleaned the tanks, but I was just not really in the mood to take nice pictures. Tired, hungry, crabby, and lacking patience.

Maybe tonight...

You got both of your tanks side by side like me! Nice pictures! Nice tanks.

1st month FTS!

26188346623_765c67efd6_z.jpg

Peek-a-boo...

26767400926_ceb47056e5_z.jpg

I love these Fusion 40 tanks!

kimberbee

You got both of your tanks side by side like me! Nice pictures! Nice tanks.

I love these Fusion 40 tanks!

Thanks!! I didn't really want them side by side, though that sure makes it easier for cleaning day!! I move in with my BF and he was unsure of having tanks "all around the house" so he gave me a room to do whatever I wanted with. :happydance:

reefernanoman

Thanks!! I didn't really want them side by side, though that sure makes it easier for cleaning day!! I move in with my BF and he was unsure of having tanks "all around the house" so he gave me a room to do whatever I wanted with. :happydance:

I think that they look very nice side by side, and like you said, maintenance is easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is looking good for not having a water change in 2 weeks!

27218386755_5248a948d7_z.jpg

I did lose one porcelain crab. Though I think that happened shortly after I left because my tank sitter said he never saw a second one! :(

Getting ready to clean...

26693201415_cb59cedbf2_z.jpg

I got out the DSLR camera after I cleaned the tanks, but I was just not really in the mood to take nice pictures. Tired, hungry, crabby, and lacking patience.

Maybe tonight...

How did I miss when you started this thread? I love it! Your mysteriously named PSW is so cute, and you've got some great pictures of him already.

Thanks for posting this picture. It gives me a great visual comparison of what the difference will be when I replace my IM10 with the IM40 in the same spot B)

Tank is looking good for not having a water change in 2 weeks!

27218386755_5248a948d7_z.jpg

I did lose one porcelain crab. Though I think that happened shortly after I left because my tank sitter said he never saw a second one! :(

It could've been a bad molt. I lost one the day I got it and I think the same thing happened.

Tank looks great, Kimber!

I've never had porcelain crabs, but my pom poms used to disappear for weeks at a time, and I'd see just one, or none at all. And then all of a sudden I'd see both of them for one glorious shining moment of pom pom majesty. Then back to nothing for weeks at a time.

This little tank is looking very nice! The scape really catches my eye and the colors on your RFA's look great. The green one front and center really pops.

blizzardscout2

Other inhabitants of her galaxy are:

Cassiopeia – the Spotted Anemone Shrimp

Steve – the Lettuce Nudi (may have entered a black hole of no return...) :lol:

I appreciate your humor. Excellent nano you have here. Following.

Very nice!

PS. My dad is an astrophotographer hobbyist. He uses and camera, telescope, and other equipment to take many long-exposure pictures of deep space objects that can't be seen by the naked eye and processes them for a final image.

Andromeda is one of the galaxies he has imaged-the link to his Flickr is in my signature!

How did I miss when you started this thread? I love it! Your mysteriously named PSW is so cute, and you've got some great pictures of him already.

Thanks for posting this picture. It gives me a great visual comparison of what the difference will be when I replace my IM10 with the IM40 in the same spot B)

Jesus Christ with the likes today, Teeny!!! ;)

Jesus Christ with the likes today, Teeny!!! ;)

It was a like storm :)

What can I say, I saw a lot that I liked!

FYI: Stand is 32 inches tall. :)

It could've been a bad molt. I lost one the day I got it and I think the same thing happened.

Tank looks great, Kimber!

Yep, that's what I'm assuming... :(

What is this? Stella thinks strawberry nem?

27219705036_688fd72e49_z.jpg

Also, where the hell did it come from? I haven't added to this tank in ages!!!

Dead nem is still not quite dead:

27219736826_f684f629c4_z.jpg

27156640862_81a05fc4d8.jpg

27184010101_038d3e5209_z.jpg

27219851886_29d994af99_z.jpg

• 3 months later...

Lost my PSW a couple weeks ago, too.

Did a round of testing (which I rarely do) but everything seems good. Even my half dead RFA is coming back, and apparently a tiny bit of cheato from when I first started this tank in the 20 survived and is growing in a little clump in the rocks.

I do have a hair algae issue that's over taking on of my gorgonians. I really need to give it a clip, but I'm nervous.

I may get a couple anemone shrimp to get some more life in the tank - it's just Andromeda and one crab now...

• 1 month later...

Archived