Pod Your Reef

Direct flow pissed off my Xenia

kappa

yeah, next to go is that rose anenome I have that keeps mozing around the tank. That ugly animal is going back to the lfs soon for something else that my clown fish can host.

My algae problem is going away. Almost going away to fast :(

I found out that they are thriving on overfeeding, with frozen food, and especially dosing anything will cause more algae to thrive.

ie: Dt's phytoplankton, frozen krill, formula one, kent marine pH buffer....ect.

Dosing about 1 teaspoon of Dt's phyto plankton every 3 days is probably why I had an algae outbreak.

Now that I got 2 electric big electric blues, one halloween, and a little blue legged hermit crab, they are tearing down all the algae....almost too good of a job at doing so. Preatty soon they will have no more algae to eat.

• 4 months later...

I wonder if you can do that with a kenya tree, I have a small frag of it rubberbanded to a rock adn something rips it off every night, I am lucky that so far I have been able to find the piece of it every time it has been ripped off

Probably hermit crabs. I have one medium sized scarlet hermit crab, this guy is always snooping around my rose anenome. SOmehting keeps nipping away at my anenome. Then on esay I banaished the red hermit to the fuge, and that seemed to have stoped the damage.

Archived