Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Duo Plus M Review

Confuse

I have just received my Duo Plus M, and like my Tide, I am impressed! I owned one of the old model Tides and the difference between the old and the new is amazing! The actual body of the unit is one solid piece of aluminum heatsink which keeps the fixture extremely cool and causes the fan to rarely kick on. I was also impressed by the all-in-one driver box. Before there was a driver box and blue fish housing, which had two separate plugs, now there is just one box for everything and only one plug.

The craftsmanship is what you'd expect from Dave. It's truly top of the line. The new lids system is awesome! I opted for a black body and a stainless steel lid and it looks incredibly sleek! And just the thought of being able to switch lids is another appealing feature.

I'm planning to run this light on a Nuvo 20, but just to test it, I put it under my 50g cube and it covers the whole area!

The moonlight is also a cool feature. When I first saw the moonlight on only one of the pucks, I thought it was a mistake and thought Dave may have forgotten to add one to the second puck, but after trying the moonlight, one LED illuminates the entire tank and there is no use for two separate LEDs for a moonlight when only one does the job.

Color rendition is just like my Tide. My rainbow Acans stay rainbow acans!

I really can't say enough about this light! I was at first set on getting an AI Prime, but instead, I went with the Duo and I have no regrets!

Thanks Dave!!

nanobox_zpswdrhzvhb.jpg

The stainless steel finish looks amazing on black!!!

D861467D-BAD5-45BC-A230-B1B276949277_zps

One plug, no hassle!

I have just received my Duo Plus M, and like my Tide, I am impressed! I owned one of the old model Tides and the difference between the old and the new is amazing! The actual body of the unit is one solid piece of aluminum heatsink which keeps the fixture extremely cool and causes the fan to rarely kick on. I was also impressed by the all-in-one driver box. Before there was a driver box and blue fish housing, which had two separate plugs, now there is just one box for everything and only one plug.

The craftsmanship is what you'd expect from Dave. It's truly top of the line. The new lids system is awesome! I opted for a black body and a stainless steel lid and it looks incredibly sleek! And just the thought of being able to switch lids is another appealing feature.

I'm planning to run this light on a Nuvo 20, but just to test it, I put it under my 50g cube and it covers the whole area!

The moonlight is also a cool feature. When I first saw the moonlight on only one of the pucks, I thought it was a mistake and thought Dave may have forgotten to add one to the second puck, but after trying the moonlight, one LED illuminates the entire tank and there is no use for two separate LEDs for a moonlight when only one does the job.

Color rendition is just like my Tide. My rainbow Acans stay rainbow acans!

I really can't say enough about this light! I was at first set on getting an AI Prime, but instead, I went with the Duo and I have no regrets!

Thanks Dave!!

Nice review any pics of it over your tank?

Nice review any pics of it over your tank?

Not yet, I haven't set up my Nuvo 20 yet. Hopefully, by the end of the week it will be set up and I'll snap some pictures on this thread.

Confuse,

As far as I know, they fan does not kick on automatically as if there is a thermostat. I think that it turns on and off based on the schedule that you set it up, not based on temp.

Confuse,

As far as I know, they fan does not kick on automatically as if there is a thermostat. I think that it turns on and off based on the schedule that you set it up, not based on temp.

Oh really? What kicks it on?

It runs based on your bluefish controller settings. For instance, if you go to settings, lighting, morning, then scroll to the bottom, you will see the Sliders for each channel. I think that the last channel is the fan.

The settings. When you go into your setting you will see the last one, fan. The preset has this all set for you!

-Dave

The settings. When you go into your setting you will see the last one, fan. The preset has this all set for you!

-Dave

Oh, I see! I hid that channel thinking it was an extra that I didn't need to use. Is there any guideline I should follow with the percentage of power of the fan and the percentage of the LEDs?

Oh, I see! I hid that channel thinking it was an extra that I didn't need to use. Is there any guideline I should follow with the percentage of power of the fan and the percentage of the LEDs?

Shoot me a email :)

Archived