Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano cube 4 month update...

CT nano reefer

CT nano reefer

hard to believe its been 4 months, since I set this thing up..but anyway, here's a recent pic..keep in mind that i only keep the front glass clear, everything else is coverd with that pink, purple, and green coralline algea..stuff grows so fast that i cant keep up with it half the time...Oh by the way, the tank is BONE STOCK!

100_0010.jpg

CT,

Can you tell me what you've got in there? - fish, coral, rock, sand, etc.

Did you take out the sponge & bioballs?

Do you have rock rubble in the back?

You did not do the overflow mod?

Thanks!

Laura

wow mine is 4 moths old too but it dosen't have that kind of coraline growth. do you run carbon and waht are your water parameters becuse i would love to have that kind of growth

CT nano reefer

I'll try to answer everyone's question..first of all, thanx for the very kind words from everyone..it feels good to know that other nano members really like it...i love it! Ok, as far as modifications go, there is none..tank is bone stock, right down to the ceramic rings and sponges, and bio balls..however I do clean them once every week. No rock rubble in the back either. i do run a little bag of carbon 2 weeks on, and 2 weeks off..to get that coralline growth, I was dosing 3ml of B-ionic everynight. but I really wasn't happy with the growth, so recently, I switched to dosing Carib-sea's Aragamilk..this product has definately made a huge difference in coralline growth. the pink and purple and green coralline seems to be much more vivid and bright, than when I was using the B-ionic. I think it also spreads faster with the aragamilk, just my opinion..as far as tank inhabitance goes, I have a small SI true percula, which is hosting in a colony of pulsing xenia that I have ( go figure!!!) one frilly mushroom, pink and purple anthelia (grows like wild fire) green and orange zoa's, a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, emerald crab, and varoius snails and crabs. I also have a few patches of GSP growing, along with some yuma rics. The rock, which came out of my bigger tank, is 15 pounds of gulf-view live rock. oh forgot to mention that I also have a softball size rock against the back wall thats loaded with yellow polyps...i hope I answered all the questions if not just let me know! and thanx again!

That is remarkable! Especially given the stock light! I'm gonna have to definitely try some of that Aragamilk on mine.

I have tons of growth on my Nano - unfortunately it's all agae. ;)

Archived