Top Shelf Aquatics

Smart ato micro going crazy at night

rolyat113

Cencalfishguy56

just wondering if your issue is totally gone.

Mine is brand new just installed it tonight. Suddenly it beeps with red light like yours and I notice that the sensor is way under the water. I turned the power off and back on, and it started to pump water despite the sensor is under the water. I had to shut off the power and will leave it off overnight. I can't risk it going overflow.

sounds like your reservoir dumped into the tank causing the overfill sensor to kick on? any way water level was affected causing this? I've done it a few times by my stupidity after water changes lol

• Like 1

sounds like your reservoir dumped into the tank causing the overfill sensor to kick on? any way water level was affected causing this? I've done it a few times by my stupidity after water changes lol

I set up the sensor above the water on initial set up already though. And then it pumped water in to the line I want and stopped. Next thing I known it started to flash red and beeps

Cencalfishguy56

I set up the sensor above the water on initial set up already though. And then it pumped water in to the line I want and stopped. Next thing I known it started to flash red and beeps

wait, why did you do that? Why not set it up at the water line?? Did your pump run dry?

wait, why did you do that? Why not set it up at the water line?? Did your pump run dry?

So I could test if it is working or not. It does not matter where I set up the sensor. The point is it should stop pumping water once it reaches the sensor. No the pump was not running dry. The reservoir is full of water.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

So I could test if it is working or not. It does not matter where I set up the sensor. The point is it should stop pumping water once it reaches the sensor. No the pump was not running dry. The reservoir is full of water.

makes sense now, sounds like an internal error with the sensor probably shoot them an email, mines been going strong for 8 months or so
  • Like 1

makes sense now, sounds like an internal error with the sensor probably shoot them an email, mines been going strong for 8 months or so

Do you have their email address?

• 3 months later...

Revive! Has this happened again? I'm not sure if mine starts beeping (I'm always sleeping) but Iv woken up with the water level being a couple inches about the sensor (AIO 12gallon). The sensor is clean as well. 

On 3/31/2017 at 6:19 AM, Tobias said:

Revive! Has this happened again? I'm not sure if mine starts beeping (I'm always sleeping) but Iv woken up with the water level being a couple inches about the sensor (AIO 12gallon). The sensor is clean as well. 

I should note it normally only happens after the unit has been unplugged for a couple mins. It has yet to happen since Thursday night. I did email the company but have not received a response yet.  

• 8 months later...

My issue is related but I think my problem is turbulence ( water movement ) in my refugium around the ATO sensor. I'm using the SATO-120P Smart ATO micro, the alarm goes off at least once a day, day or night which makes me unplug and replug the power source (reset). Now remember if the alarm triggers it shuts down the water source (no refill). I solved this issue by programming my Apex controller to allow power to the ATO every two hours for ten minutes. I'm now into my forth day without an alarm.

By doing the above I get a top off every two hours which is a small amount of water replacement.