Coral Vue Hydros

beach sand?

reefer21

yeah, thats what I was thinking :|. I guess it's off to get some CaribSea Aragonite live sand from the LFS. How much live sand would you recommend putting in a 29 gallon?

Thanks,

Jason

If you are in PCola, check out the live sand at ReefScapes. I got mine there for 1.99 a lb while the others wanted 2.99 a lb. Granted, that has been awhile, but wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Well actually I live in Pace which is not too far from Pcola. I've been to ReefScapes and I like their store, but not their prices. If it’s cheaper I will get it from ReefScapes or vice versa and go to Debbie’s Tropical to get it. I can get a discount from Debbie’s because I use to work there, so I might be better off going there. Thanks Angel, nalbar, and mattdog for answering my questions :P.

Call them and see, it can't hurt (I am talking about the loose sand, not bagged).

I didn't particularly like Debbie's when I went there, one time only. It may have changed, but that one time did me on that place. I think it may be because it is so busy with other types of animals and it smells. Salt water seemed to be an afterthought and they didn't bother to wash their hands before sticking them in the water! I don't want bird, hampster, mouse, snake, rabbit or any feces for that matter, in my coral water. But, that was my experience, ergo my choice not to return.

Debbie’s has changed a lot. Someone bought out Debbie’s and now Debbie sells stuff that a pawn shop sells. The person who bought them out sells only freshwater fish and saltwater fish. They will occasionally sell a few turtles but they decided that it smelled too bad and they just gave them away for free to this one lady that had a pond (I guess that means they won’t sell them anymore, lol). You might be refering to Original Aqua pets which is one of the worst stores I have ever been too, with the smells and the tanks are dirty as hell casue the lady never cleans them or even hires anyone to clean them. Also Debbie's is a much better store now (new store) and its right across the street from Wall-mart. No smells and its even great to go in their and get free stuff on occasion :P.

Archived